MKE Cares gains approval from Public Safety and Health Committee
Statement of Alderwoman Marina Dimitrijevic July 9, 2020
At today’s special Public Safety and Health Committee meeting, the committee recommended passage of the MKE Cares ordinance. I want to thank my colleagues on the committee for recognizing the importance of protecting the health and well-being of our residents. I continue to believe we won’t regret requiring people to cover their faces during this pandemic, but will regret it if we don’t.
I also want to again thank residents and community stakeholders alike for sharing their thoughts on this policy. The ordinance passed today blends your feedback, science and best practices that will help keep everyone safe against a virus that impacts us all equally.
The ordinance will now be before the full Common Council during a special meeting that will occur Monday, July 13 at 1:30 p.m.
We continue to encourage public comment before the Council meeting, and those wishing to provide their input can utilize the City’s e-comment feature here.
- WI Daily: 5,000 Wisconsin Residents Hospitalized Because of COVID-19 - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 9th, 2020
- Why Don Natzke Couldn’t Vote - Enjoyiana Nururdin - Aug 9th, 2020
- WI Daily: New One-Day COVID-19 Case Record - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 8th, 2020
- Mexican Fiesta Organizers Make 45,000 Masks - Matt Martinez - Aug 8th, 2020
- WEDC, Milwaukee Downtown Tout “We’re All In” Safety Campaign - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 7th, 2020
- WI Daily: One in 100 Wisconsin Residents Have Tested Positive For COVID-19 - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 7th, 2020
- Healthcare Workers Support Mask Mandate - Erik Gunn - Aug 7th, 2020
- The City of Milwaukee Phase 4.1 Order Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Aug 7th, 2020
- Pandemic Imperils Arts and Culture Industry - Bridgit Bowden - Aug 7th, 2020
- Johnson Introduces Bill to Ensure Assistance for Businesses in Need, Transparency in PPP Loans - U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson - Aug 7th, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Ald. Marina Dimitrijevic
Agenda to include communication about federal intervention in Milwaukee
Statement of Alderwoman Marina Dimitrijevic July 13, 2020