Milwaukee Zine Fest Returns This Spring
Join in on April 6th from 10:30am to 4:30pm at the Central Library
Milwaukee Zine Fest is excited to announce its upcoming free, annual festival in celebration of zines and DIY publishing! Back for its 11th year, Milwaukee Zine Fest will host over 60 national and local vendors of self-published print work, comics, small run chapbooks, and more.
Produced by The Bindery and Milwaukee Public Library, the day-long event will feature hands-on activities and workshops for all ages with special guests Team Nerd Letterpress, Bay View Printing Co., UWM Special Collections, and MPL Artist in Residence, Celeste Contreras. Visitors can print their own letterpress poster, sew their own zine, and practice their typewriting skills throughout the day. All ages welcome.
Archived zines from MPL’s Rare Books Collection will be on display, and brand new work will be shown by Milwaukee Zine Fest Fellow, Randy Brown, and MZF Scholars, DeShanda Williams and Erin Magennis.
After the festival, vendors and guests alike are invited to reconvene for a special zine showcase at Facilitating Situations in Walker’s Point from 5pm to 8pm.
Additionally, this year a kick-off event will commence the festivities on the evening before the festival: a panel discussion on zine preservation and the digital humanities hosted by The Center for 21st Century Studies at UWM. More information about all MZF-related events and programming can be found at milwaukeezinefest.org.
- What: Milwaukee Zine Fest, a Celebration of DIY-Publishing
- Where: Milwaukee Public Library Central Branch, 814 W. Wisconsin Ave., 53233 Milwaukee, WI –
- When: Saturday, April 6th, 2019, 10:30am to 4:30pm
- Kick-off lecture: Friday, April 5th, 2019, 4pm to 6pm at C21/UWM: 3243 N Downer Ave, Curtin 929, Milwaukee, WI, 53211
- After-fest zine showcase: Saturday, April 6th, 2019, 5pm to 8pm at Facilitating Situations, 706 S 5th St, Milwaukee, WI 53204
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Press Release
The package consists of five bills which repeal a multitude of regressive Republican water policies.