Milwaukee Irish Fest Announces Festival Entry Promotions and Discounts
The all-ages festival begins this Thursday, celebrating Irish music, history and culture
MILWAUKEE (August 13, 2019) — Milwaukee Irish Fest, the world’s largest Irish music festival, has announced an array of opportunities for patrons to get entry into the festival for free or at a discount. The festival, which begins this Thursday at the Henry Maier Festival Park, celebrates Irish music, history and culture.
Below are the promotions offered at this year’s festival:
- Any and all active duty United States military members will receive free admission to the festival any day, with valid ID, plus one guest, at any gate window. Milwaukee Irish Fest thanks them for their service to our country.
- Children 12 and under get in free all four days of the festival and do not require a ticket for entry.
- Receive free admission by donating school supplies outside the mid-gate to benefit Hope House. The festival begins at 5 p.m. on Thursday, with only partial grounds open for opening night.
- Register for the 2019 Arthritis Foundation Run/Walk to Irish Fest and receive free admission before 3 p.m.
- First responders will receive free admission between 12 p.m. and 4 p.m. with valid ID, plus one guest, to attend the First Responders Commemoration Ceremony at 3:45 p.m. at the Miller Lite stage.
- College students receive $3 off general admission with a valid student ID between 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Anyone donating three or more non-perishable food items, preferably canned peaches, by 11:00 am at the south gate entrance will receive free admission to the festival. All non-perishable food items will be donated to the Hunger Task Force. Those donating food who choose not to attend the Liturgy will receive a hand stamp valid for free entry at any time that day during regular festival hours (11 a.m. to 10 p.m.) or are welcome to remain in the designated section of the South Gate.
- Patrons are welcome to attend the Liturgy for Peace and Justice, celebrated by His Excellency Bishop Brendan Kelly, beginning at 9:30 a.m. and will receive free admission immediately following. The south gate will open for the Liturgy at 8 a.m. Attendees should also note that this year the Liturgy for Peace and Justice will take place at the BMO Harris Pavilion, due to Summerfest construction.
The hours for Milwaukee Irish Fest this week are as follows:
Thursday: 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Friday: 4 p.m. to Midnight
Saturday: 12 p.m. to Midnight
Sunday: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
For more information or to get your tickets in advance on Milwaukee Irish Fest, visit www.irishfest.com. Be sure to download the free app to view the lineup and plan who you want to see.
About Milwaukee Irish Fest
Milwaukee Irish Fest is the world’s largest celebration of Celtic music and culture. The four-day festival showcases more than 100 entertainment acts on 16 stages at Henry W. Maier Festival Park on Milwaukee’s lakefront. The annual festival occurs every third weekend in August. The 39th annual Milwaukee Irish Fest takes place August 15 to 18, 2019. Milwaukee Irish Fest is proudly presented by CelticMKE, a non-profit organization dedicated to igniting a love of Celtic culture and heritage in all people. With the help of more than 4,000 volunteers, CelticMKE and Milwaukee Irish Fest promote Celtic music, dance, drama, sports, culture, children’s activities and genealogy through the annual festival, as well as year-round programming.
For more information, visit www.CelticMKE.com.
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee Irish Fest
The 2020 showcase will also highlight Ireland’s County Donegal
Highly anticipated festival hits Summerfest Grounds from August 15-18
Four-Day Festival is the Perfect Summer Getaway for Music Fans