Milwaukee Board of School Directors Moves District Forward at July Board Meeting
Agenda items include Dr. Posley's instruction plan, new appointments, charter and partner contracts
MILWAUKEE (June 29, 2018) — As part of the continuing leadership transition in Milwaukee Public Schools, the Milwaukee Board of School directors voted on numerous items at its monthly meeting on Thursday, June 28, 2018. Key items are designed to support the realignment of MPS Central Services and further develop several district priorities for success and standard business items.
- Presentation of the MPS Ambitious Instruction Plan designed to promote student achievement. This plan outlines essential academic skills and effective strategies in Reading, Writing and Math across all grade levels and disciplines.
- Appointment of an interim deputy superintendent and two interim chiefs
- Approval of several partnership and charter school contracts
- Presentation of Excellence in Education Awards and other commendations
- Presentation of the Family Separation Resolution, authored by Director Baez and Director Falk, in support of the human rights of parents and children in response to current federal policy
About Milwaukee Public Schools
Milwaukee Public Schools is committed to accelerating student achievement, building positive relationships between youth and adults and cultivating leadership at all levels. The district’s commitment to improvement continues to show results:
- More MPS students are taking college-level Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate courses;
- The MPS Class of 2018 earned $86.2 million in scholarships; and
- MPS is home to seven of the state and nation’s top high schools according to U.S. News and World Report and the Washington Post.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee Public Schools
A step toward getting schools our children deserve
Board to discuss referendum ballot question and financial scenarios at regular monthly meeting