MCSO Reminds the Motoring Public to Share the Road with Motorcycles
MCSO wants to remind everyone that motorcycles have equal access to the roads and highways.
Milwaukee, WI (August 30, 2019) Labor Day weekend is upon us, and the Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Office (MCSO) encourages the motoring public to drive safely and share the road responsibly with motorcyclists. We are anticipating a high volume of traffic this holiday weekend, including motorcycle traffic. MCSO wants to remind everyone that motorcycles have equal access to the roads and highways.
For more information on safely sharing the roads and highways with motorcycles, please visit this helpful list of ten critical safety tips:
- Always check your blind spots!
- Be extra cautious when passing
- Remember motorcycles react more quickly than cars
- Pay attention to weather warnings
- Be extra alert during night driving
- Stay in your lane
- Inform motorcyclists of your intention to turn (always signal)
- Intersections are danger zones
- Watch for turning motorcycles
- Take a second look at left-turns
For additional information on safe driving tips, visit the MCSO Facebook page @MilwaukeeCountySheriff or Twitter at @MCSOSheriff.
MCSO encourages motorists, residents and visitors to enjoy the holiday weekend and obey all drinking and driving laws.
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office
After responding to the scene, investigating officers located two shelters on non-county-owned land on the west bank of the Milwaukee River.