Mayor Barrett Supports Siting Foxconn Facility in Southeastern Wisconsin
Please see the attached letter regarding my support for Foxconn facility’s location in Southeastern Wisconsin.
July 14, 2017
Governor Scott Walker
115 East Capitol
Madison, WI 53702
Dear Governor Walker and Secretary Hogan:
I would like to extend my enthusiastic support toward the possible siting of a Foxconn facility in Southeastern Wisconsin. As the largest city in the State of Wisconsin, serving the most diverse population, the City will benefit from this large-scale job creation in the region.
I am committed to the principle that economic strength throughout Southeastern Wisconsin is in the City of Milwaukee’s best interest. I would love to see Milwaukee workers adding to the success of a new company in our region while earning family-supporting wages.
I offer Milwaukee’s full cooperation in the recruitment effort. As you know, the Port of Milwaukee is the grantee of Foreign Trade Zone #41. It is likely that Foxconn and other businesses similarly situated would benefit from the advantages a Foreign Trade Zone can confer. My Administration would be happy to share any information you may require.
It is important to ensure excellent transportation connections are in place to unite Milwaukee workers with large new employers in the region. This is vital for the people who live in my City and it is essential for the long-term success of businesses that locate in the region.
I look forward to working with you to continue our economic strength throughout Southeastern Wisconsin.
- State Reviewing Foxconn Jobs Report - Erik Gunn - Jul 23rd, 2020
- Foxconn Hosts Smart Manufacturing Web Conference, Launches iAI Institute - Foxconn Technology Group - Jul 10th, 2020
- Foxconn Will Make 10K Ventilators - Corri Hess - Jun 19th, 2020
- Medtronic and Foxconn Partner to Increase Ventilator Production - Foxconn Technology Group - Jun 18th, 2020
- Foxconn Audit Delayed Two Months - Erik Gunn - Jun 3rd, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn’s Profits Plunge By 90% - Bruce Murphy - May 19th, 2020
- Foxconn to Assemble Procedural Masks in Wisconsin for Pandemic Relief - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Squeezes Evers - Bruce Murphy - Apr 15th, 2020
- Foxconn Says It Earned Tax Credits - Corri Hess - Apr 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Plant Will Make Ventilators - Bruce Murphy - Apr 8th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Mayor Tom Barrett