Mayor Barrett Supports Siting Foxconn Facility in Southeastern Wisconsin
Please see the attached letter regarding my support for Foxconn facility’s location in Southeastern Wisconsin.
July 14, 2017
Governor Scott Walker
115 East Capitol
Madison, WI 53702
Dear Governor Walker and Secretary Hogan:
I would like to extend my enthusiastic support toward the possible siting of a Foxconn facility in Southeastern Wisconsin. As the largest city in the State of Wisconsin, serving the most diverse population, the City will benefit from this large-scale job creation in the region.
I am committed to the principle that economic strength throughout Southeastern Wisconsin is in the City of Milwaukee’s best interest. I would love to see Milwaukee workers adding to the success of a new company in our region while earning family-supporting wages.
I offer Milwaukee’s full cooperation in the recruitment effort. As you know, the Port of Milwaukee is the grantee of Foreign Trade Zone #41. It is likely that Foxconn and other businesses similarly situated would benefit from the advantages a Foreign Trade Zone can confer. My Administration would be happy to share any information you may require.
It is important to ensure excellent transportation connections are in place to unite Milwaukee workers with large new employers in the region. This is vital for the people who live in my City and it is essential for the long-term success of businesses that locate in the region.
I look forward to working with you to continue our economic strength throughout Southeastern Wisconsin.
- Op Ed: Foxconn Shows Folly of Cheesehead Revolution - Dan Shafer - May 12th, 2021
- Foxconn Deal Doesn’t Reduce Local Government Risk - Corri Hess - May 3rd, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: The True Costs of New Foxconn Deal - Bruce Murphy - Apr 28th, 2021
- The State of Politics: All Sides Won On New Foxconn Deal - Steven Walters - Apr 26th, 2021
- New Foxconn Deal Cuts Incentives By $2.77 Billion - Jeramey Jannene - Apr 20th, 2021
- Rep Hintz: Statement on Approval of Revised Foxconn Contract - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Apr 20th, 2021
- New Foxconn and WEDC Agreement Provides Flexibility and Clarity for Renewed Tech Investments in Science and Technology Park - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Announces Renegotiated Foxconn Contract to Save Taxpayers $2.77 Billion - Gov. Tony Evers - Apr 20th, 2021
- Rep. Hintz: Statement on Foxconn Announcement - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Apr 19th, 2021
- Evers Announces New, Smaller Foxconn Deal - Jeramey Jannene - Apr 19th, 2021
Read more about Foxconn Facility here