MATC to Host Public COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic at Downtown Milwaukee Campus Aug. 17
MILWAUKEE (Aug. 5, 2021) — Milwaukee Area Technical College will host a free, public COVID-19 vaccine clinic from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 17, on the plaza outside the Student Center, 700 W. State St. Both the Johnson & Johnson vaccine and the Pfizer vaccine will be available.
Free vouchers for the parking structure at North 8th and West State Streets, snacks and wellness kits will be offered.
“MATC wants to encourage members of the community, students and staff to get the vaccine to keep everyone safe and healthy,” said Josie Veal, MATC’s public health officer. “This is especially important as the more contagious Delta variant has been reported in Wisconsin.”
Register at https://tinyurl.com/ek2fb34. Walk-ins also are welcome. For more information, call 414-297-8095. In case of rain, vaccines will be administered in Room 605 in the Main Building, 1015 N. 6th St.
Wisconsin’s largest technical college and one of the most diverse two-year institutions in the Midwest, Milwaukee Area Technical College is a key driver of southeastern Wisconsin’s economy and has provided innovative education in the region since 1912. More than 30,000 students per year attend the college’s four campuses and community-based sites or learn online. MATC offers affordable and accessible education and training opportunities that empower and transform lives in the community. The college offers more than 170 academic programs; and transfer options leading to bachelor’s degrees with more than 40 four-year colleges and universities. Overwhelmingly, MATC graduates build careers and businesses in southeastern Wisconsin. The college is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- UW System Vaccination Rates Vary Widely - Rich Kremer - Sep 18th, 2021
- MKE County: COVID-19 Cases Still High in Milwaukee County - Graham Kilmer - Sep 17th, 2021
- Milwaukee Health Department excusing inaction with insufficient data, right-wing talking points - Milwaukee Teachers’ Education Association - Sep 16th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Delivers Radio Address on New Investments to Support Local COVID-19 Pandemic Response and Recovery - Gov. Tony Evers - Sep 16th, 2021
- UWM reaches 70% vaccination rate goal, pushes for more - University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee - Sep 16th, 2021
- Data Wonk: Biden Vaccine Plan Helps GOP Governors - Bruce Thompson - Sep 15th, 2021
- Gov. Evers, DHS Remind Wisconsinites to Get Vaccinated to Get $100 - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Sep 15th, 2021
- American Family Field COVID-19 Testing Site Closing - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 14th, 2021
- For Ron Johnson, Prolonging the Pandemic is Just Another Day at the Office - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Sep 14th, 2021
- Nursing Home Workers Resist Vaccines - Madeline Fuerstenberg - Sep 13th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here