Marquette Presents forum series on depression to be held in Chicago
Sports reporter Trenni Kusnierek will share her personal story
MILWAUKEE – Trenni Kusnierek, a Marquette alumna and sports reporter for Comcast Sportsnet, will share her personal story of her battle with depression at the next Marquette Presents forum, this Wednesday at 5:30 p.m., at the University Club of Chicago, 76 E. Monroe St., Chicago. Experts in biomedical sciences, medicine and psychiatry from the Marquette University College of Health Sciences and Rogers Memorial Hospital will comprise the forum panel.
Dr. William Cullinan, dean of the College of Health Sciences and director of the Integrative Neuroscience Research Center, will moderate the event, titled “Depression – The Intersection of Hope, Medicine and Research.” The panel includes:
- Dr. Paul Gasser, associate professor of biomedical sciences, College of Health Sciences, Marquette University.
- Dr. Marieke Gilmartin, assistant professor of biomedical sciences, College of Health Sciences, Marquette University.
- Dr. Jerry Halverson, medical director and board-certified adult psychiatrist, Rogers Memorial Hospital.
- Dr. Robert Wheeler, assistant professor of biomedical sciences, College of Health Sciences, Marquette University.
- Special guest Trenni Kusnierek, a sports anchor and reporter for Comcast SportsNet. Trenni will share her personal story of her battle with the disease of depression.
Marquette Presents is a forum series developed by the College of Health Sciences at Marquette University to focus on community health issues. Previous forums in the series featured experts on the topics of sports-related concussion, schizophrenia, addiction, exercise as medicine, spinal cord injury and stroke.
Registration for the forum is $25 per person or $40 per couple and includes heavy hors d’oeuvers and select beverages. Registration is required and available online at muconnect.marquette.edu/depression_chicago.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Marquette University
‘Bankruption’ author Waupsh will keynote Jan. 31 event
RWJF announces the fifth and final cohort for innovative program