Lipscomb Proposes Funds for Domes Preservation
"It is important that we continue to make real progress at the Domes in 2020."
MILWAUKEE – County Board Chairman Theodore Lipscomb, Sr., is calling for funding the ongoing development of a plan to restore the Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory Domes with an amendment to the 2020 Milwaukee County budget.
Lipscomb’s amendment, co-sponsored by Supervisor Sylvia Ortiz-Velez, proposes setting aside about $108,000 for further development of a long-term plan to repair and preserve the Domes and revitalize Mitchell Park.
The Finance and Audit – Budget Committee voted (6-1) today to recommend Lipscomb’s amendment to the full Board.
“The Domes are a beloved cultural institution that we have made a commitment to repair and preserve,” said Lipscomb. “It is important that we continue to make real progress at the Domes in 2020.”
The Finance and Audit Committee is expected to consider Corporation Counsel’s responses to those questions, as well as a proposal to set aside an additional $50,000 to undertake financial due diligence requests related to the recommended long-term plan, at its November meeting.
The public is invited to weigh in on the 2020 Milwaukee County budget at the County Board’s annual public hearing on November 4 at 6:00 p.m.
Final consideration of all proposed budget amendments will take place at the County Board’s budget adoption meeting on November 12 at 9:30 a.m.
More about the Future of The Domes
- MKE County: Board Adds Domes Funding to Budget - Graham Kilmer - Oct 29th, 2019
- Lipscomb Proposes Funds for Domes Preservation - County Board Chairman Theodore Lipscomb, Sr. - Oct 29th, 2019
- MKE County: Domes Task Force Recommends $66 Million Plan - Graham Kilmer - Aug 14th, 2019
- Lipscomb Applauds Work of Domes Task Force - County Board Chairman Theodore Lipscomb, Sr. - Aug 13th, 2019
- MKE County: Domes Proposal Requires Great Speed - Graham Kilmer - Jul 24th, 2019
- 4 Questions and Answers on The Domes - Ana Martinez-Ortiz - Mar 30th, 2019
- MKE County: Rumors of Domes’ Demise Exaggerated - Graham Kilmer - Mar 18th, 2019
- Task Force Says Dump the Domes - Corri Hess - Mar 13th, 2019
- Op Ed: Why the Domes Must Be Saved - Peter Zanghi and Stephanie Meeks - Jun 24th, 2018
- Task Force Considers Future of Domes - Graham Kilmer - Dec 14th, 2017
- Will Cheaper Price Save Domes? - Edgar Mendez - Mar 31st, 2017
- Op Ed: Rebuild The Domes - Josh Zepnick - Dec 29th, 2016
- 13 Short Facts About The Domes - Virginia Small - Dec 2nd, 2016
- Op-Ed: The Demoting of the Domes - Virginia Small - Nov 26th, 2016
- In Public: No, the Domes Aren’t Great Architecture - Tom Bamberger - May 4th, 2016
- Duel Over the Domes - Virginia Small - Mar 16th, 2016
- 10 Reasons To Save The Domes - Virginia Small - Feb 24th, 2016
Recent Press Releases by County Board Chairman Theodore Lipscomb, Sr.
Moore believes Theo is best suited to address needs of county
Full Conversion to Battery Electric Buses Could be Completed by 2040