Johnson Presses Capitol Police, Architect of the Capitol, for Information Regarding Capitol Breach
WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) Monday sent letters to the acting chief of police of the U.S. Capitol Police and the Architect of the Capitol raising questions about the security considerations for the Jan. 6, 2021 joint session of Congress.
Monday’s letters follow the Jan. 21, 2021 letters to the acting and former sergeants at arms, the Feb. 24, 2021 letter to the chairs and ranking members of the Senate Rules and Homeland Security and Governmental Relations committees, and the Feb. 26, 2021 letter to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
The questions raised by Senator Johnson include:
- Please describe the security of the Capitol building at the beginning of the joint session, including:
- The number of law enforcement officers that manned the east and west fronts of the Capitol, the Capitol entrances, and the interior of the Capitol building, were fully outfitted with riot gear, were partially outfitted with riot gear, and had no protective or riot gear.
- How many firearms were seen or confiscated from individuals inside or on the Capitol grounds on January 6?
- What groups were involved in planning or coordinating the breach of the Capitol?
- How many members of those groups were involved in the breach?
- Is the USCP fully complying with requests for records from the USCP Office of Inspector General?
- Kleefisch To Be Closing Act For Jan. 6th Conspiracy Theorist Keynote Address - Democratic Governors Association - Apr 14th, 2021
- Rebecca Kleefisch & Ron Johnson Share Stage With Speaker Who Called Capitol Attack “Staged” - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Apr 14th, 2021
- Senator Ron Johnson Thanks Tom Nelson for Billboard near Mansion that Calls out his Racism - Tom Nelson - Mar 21st, 2021
- Sen. Warnock Offers to Help Johnson - Ruth Conniff - Mar 21st, 2021
- Op Ed: Boycott the Uline Corporation - Matt Rothschild - Mar 14th, 2021
- American Bridge 21st Century Calls on Ron Johnson to Resign Over Racist January 6 Comments - American Bridge 21st Century - Mar 12th, 2021
- Tiffany Pushed Election Lies, Report Notes - Henry Redman - Mar 6th, 2021
- Johnson Presses Capitol Police, Architect of the Capitol, for Information Regarding Capitol Breach - U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson - Feb 28th, 2021
- Back in the News: Bipartisan Bashing of Ron Johnson - Bruce Murphy - Feb 24th, 2021
- Senator Johnson Continues to Seek Answers About Capitol Breach, Sends Senate Leaders Unanswered Questions to be Addressed - U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson - Feb 23rd, 2021
Read more about Chaos at the Capitol here
Recent Press Releases by U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson