Johnson Discusses Coronavirus on MSNBC
WASHINGTON — U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, appeared on MSNBC Wednesday to discuss coronavirus response.
Video of the interview can be found here, and excerpts are below.
(2:14) “This administration has been all hands on deck. They certainly have not underreacted, but they also understand the severe cost of overreacting. Getting it just right is probably impossible. This really has been an extensive effort and there are very capable people throughout the federal government, and the state and local governments, that are really trying to grapple with a very difficult situation with a lot of unknowns.”
(4:57) “I think the president is on the one side making sure we don’t overreact, but on the other side with Dr. Fauci – he’s been out there, totally nonpartisan – he credits the president for really buying us the time from that travel ban from China as well as funneling people who have been to China through select airports and doing additional screening. This administration has taken decisive action, we bought ourselves some time, and we’re setting ourselves up for just about any contingency.”
- Why Are Bars Still Open? - Graham Kilmer - Jul 14th, 2020
- City Hall: Don’t Call 911 On City Mask Mandate - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 14th, 2020
- Johnson Opposes More Economic Stimulus Funding - Rob Mentzer - Jul 14th, 2020
- MATC to Stream Virtual Commencement Beginning July 24; Ceremony to Air on Milwaukee PBS Aug. 1-2 - Milwaukee Area Technical College - Jul 14th, 2020
- WI Daily: New High, 964 New COVID-19 Cases - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 14th, 2020
- AG Kaul & Multistate Coalition Urging the U.S. Senate to Increase Childcare Funding in Next Federal Stimulus Package - Josh Kaul - Jul 14th, 2020
- Back in the News: Wisconsin Behind on COVID-19 Testing - Bruce Murphy - Jul 14th, 2020
- Milwaukee Public Schools Releases School Reopening Recommendation - Milwaukee Public Schools - Jul 13th, 2020
- WI Daily: COVID-19 Early Indicators Are “Very Troubling” - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 13th, 2020
- Common Council unanimous in approving citywide masking policy - Ald. JoCasta Zamarripa - Jul 13th, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here