In Tandem Theatre Presents World Premier of “Come Back”
February 27 – March 22, 2015 at the Tenth Street Theatre, 628 N. 10th Street
January 20, 2015 [Milwaukee] – In Tandem Theatre continues their 17th season with the professionally staged world premier of local playwright Neil Haven’s latest comic work, Come Back, from February 27 – March 22, 2015 at the Tenth Street Theatre, 628 N. 10th Street, Milwaukee. Tickets ($25) are available by calling the Tenth Street Theatre Box Office at 414-271-1371. Senior, student, military and group discounts are available. Visit www.intandemtheatre.org for more information, including dates and times, and to order online.
In this quirky, smart new comedy, Sky’s best friend Erin has died and left Sky the unenviable task of finding the perfect resting place for her remains. With detailed instruction, Sky is to visit every cremation shop in the lower forty-eight states. Things get complicated when Erin’s estranged mother shows up and insists the ashes be laid to rest in the family plot, throwing the trip off course for Sky. The journey takes unexpected turns, becoming less a road map about the finality of life and instead a new path toward understanding and acceptance.
Come Back will be directed by In Tandem co-founder and Managing Director, Jane Flieller, who has directed professionally for In Tandem as well as for productions with Broadway Baby Dinner Theatre, South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center, Carroll College and Marquette University.
The cast of Come Back features the talents of:
- Karen Estrada (Lawyer/Various) – First Stage Children’s Theatre, Next Act Theatre.
- T. Stacy Hicks (Mel) – Milwaukee Repertory Theatre, Milwaukee Shakespeare.
- Tim Higgins (Cop/Various) – ComedySportz, Bunny Gumbo.
- Carrie Hitchcock (Val) – Skylight Music Theatre, Next Act Theatre.
- Tiffany Vance (Erin) – Milwaukee Shakespeare, First Stage Children’s Theatre.
- Sara Zientek (Sky) – Milwaukee Repertory Theatre, First Stage Children’s Theatre.
The design and production team for Come Back includes Colin Gawronski (Production Manager), Aimee Hanyzewski (Lighting), Jonathon Leubner (Sound), Leah Montesinos (Assistant Director), Rick Rasmussen (Set), and Kathy Smith (Costumes).
Coinciding with Come Back, the 10th Street Gallery (located in the Tenth Street Theatre lobby) will feature “The Shadow Show” an exhibit of shadow-inspired art by local artists. The Artist Reception on Sunday, March 8, from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm is free and open to the public, and features an original live shadow puppet show presented by popular local artist Anja Notanja Sieger. Admission to the puppet show is $5.
Come Back is sponsored in part by a grant from the Wisconsin Arts Board with funds from the State of Wisconsin and the National Endowment for the Arts, United Performing Arts Fund, and CAMPAC (County Funding). The opening night champagne reception is generously sponsored by Dr. David Paris.
Performance dates for Come Back:
- Thursday, February 26 @ 7:30pm (1)
- Friday, February 27 @ 8:00pm (2)
- Saturday, February 28 @ 4:00pm
- Saturday, February 28 @ 8:00pm
- Sunday, March 1 @ 2:00pm
- Wednesday, March 4 @ 2:00pm
- Thursday, March 5 @ 7:30pm (3)
- Friday, March 6 @ 8:00pm
- Saturday, March 7 @ 4:00pm
- Saturday, March 7 @ 8:00pm
- Sunday, March 8 @ 2:00pm
- Wednesday, March 11 @ 7:30pm
- Thursday, March 12 @ 7:30pm (3)
- Friday, March 13 @ 8:00pm
- Saturday, March 14 @ 4:00pm
- Saturday, March 14 @ 8:00pm
- Sunday, March 15 @ 2:00pm
- Wednesday, March 18 @ 7:30pm
- Thursday, March 19 @ 7:30pm (3)
- Friday, March 20 @ 8:00pm
- Saturday, March 21 @ 4:00pm
- Saturday, March 21 @ 8:00pm
- Sunday, March 22 @ 2:00pm
(1) Pay-what-you-can preview performance. Tickets on sale one hour prior to curtain; no advance sales.
(2) Complimentary opening night reception following the show
(3) Talk back with director and actors following the show
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by In Tandem Theatre
Let In Tandem take you back to 1920’s France to the magic of the carnival!