Governor Walker Visits Foxconn Construction Site to Discuss New Opportunities for Wisconsin Workers
"Opportunities are available for Wisconsinites from all over the state, with any experience level, to take advantage of Foxconn’s historic investment/"
MOUNT PLEASANT – Governor Scott Walker today visited the Foxconn construction site to discuss the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development’s (DWD) efforts to recruit, train, and place new entrants into the construction trades through a public-private partnership. DWD is working with M+ W | Gilbane and other partners in Wisconsin to help develop our state’s workforce as a part of the Wisconn Valley Talent Attraction Pipeline Strategy.
The Governor also met with several construction workers who are new to the construction industry as a result of opportunities from Foxconn’s investment in Wisconsin. These individuals are gaining construction experience through on-the-job training to help build the Wisconn Valley Science and Technology Park in Mount Pleasant.
“Opportunities are available for Wisconsinites from all over the state, with any experience level, to take advantage of Foxconn’s historic investment,” said Governor Walker. “Along with Foxconn and M+W | Gilbane, we are working to provide folks with the skills needed to build the facilities and work on campus once it is operational. This is another example of the Foxconn ripple effect creating even more opportunities for the hardworking people of Wisconsin!”
With up to 13,000 jobs and a capital investment up to $10 billion, Foxconn’s investment in Wisconsin is by far the state’s largest economic development project and is the largest corporate attraction project in U.S. history, as measured by jobs.
- State Reviewing Foxconn Jobs Report - Erik Gunn - Jul 23rd, 2020
- Foxconn Hosts Smart Manufacturing Web Conference, Launches iAI Institute - Foxconn Technology Group - Jul 10th, 2020
- Foxconn Will Make 10K Ventilators - Corri Hess - Jun 19th, 2020
- Medtronic and Foxconn Partner to Increase Ventilator Production - Foxconn Technology Group - Jun 18th, 2020
- Foxconn Audit Delayed Two Months - Erik Gunn - Jun 3rd, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn’s Profits Plunge By 90% - Bruce Murphy - May 19th, 2020
- Foxconn to Assemble Procedural Masks in Wisconsin for Pandemic Relief - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Squeezes Evers - Bruce Murphy - Apr 15th, 2020
- Foxconn Says It Earned Tax Credits - Corri Hess - Apr 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Plant Will Make Ventilators - Bruce Murphy - Apr 8th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Scott Walker
Governor Scott Walker ordered flags to half-staff on Saturday, April 14, 2018.
Governor Walker Orders Flags to Half-Staff as a Mark of Respect for Captain Christopher Truman of the Lake Mills Fire DepartmentJan 3rd, 2019 by Gov. Scott Walker
Captain Truman died on December 31, 2018, while selflessly assisting a driver of a crashed vehicle on Highway 12 near the Yahara River Bridge in Monona, Wisconsin.
Governor Scott Walker today appointed Attorney Scott J. Nordstrand to serve as a judge on the St. Croix County Circuit Court and Attorney David Meany to the position of Ashland County District Attorney.