Governor Walker Celebrates Grand Opening of the Fiserv Forum
3-to-1 return on investment for the State of Wisconsin
MILWAUKEE – Governor Scott Walker joined the Milwaukee Bucks President Peter Feigin, Milwaukee Bucks owners Wes Edens, Marc Lasry, Jamie Dinan and Mike Fascitelli, and Fiserv President and CEO Jeff Yabuki in cutting the ribbon for the Fiserv Forum, the new home to the Milwaukee Bucks. The state is estimated to receive $2.99 in return for each dollar invested into building the new arena.
“The Fiserv Forum is just the start of revitalization for downtown Milwaukee and it is opening the door for new opportunities for the entire state,” said Governor Walker. “The Fiserv Forum, besides creating a nearly $3 return on investment for every state dollar invested, will also help attract and retain prospective employees for Wisconsin. This comes at a crucial time to maintain our workforce since our state has continued to have unemployment below 3% for the last six consecutive months—a state record. This arena is a slam dunk for Milwaukee and a win for Wisconsin.”
Also joining in the celebration was National Basketball Association (NBA) Commissioner Adam Silver, former U.S. Senator Herb Kohl, Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett, and Milwaukee Common Council President Ashanti Hamilton. Current and former players of the Milwaukee Bucks were also in attendance including Giannis Antetokounmpo, Khris Middleton, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Vin Baker, and Michael Redd.
The Fiserv Forum is a 714,000 square-foot venue that will be the home to Milwaukee Bucks basketball, visiting performers, and the largest equilateral scoreboard in the NBA. In addition to the arena, the area surrounding the stadium will be part of a new entertainment block which spans Vel R. Phillips Avenue from West highland Avenue to West Juneau Avenue, and it will feature year-round dining, entertainment, and retail experiences.
The first preseason game for the Milwaukee Bucks will be on October 3, 2018 against the Chicago Bulls. Their first regular season game will be held on October 19, 2018.
Governor Walker, in honor of the grand opening, proclaimed August 26, 2018 as Fiserv Forum Grand
- Murphy’s Law: Bucks Franchise Worth $1.86 Billion - Bruce Murphy - Jan 25th, 2021
- Op Ed: County Parks Lost Funding to Bucks Arena - Patricia Jursik - Jul 7th, 2020
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Fiserv Forum Workers to Get $15/Hour - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 29th, 2020
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Bucks Beat Hiring Targets on Fiserv Forum - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 20th, 2019
- Murphy’s Law: Taxpayers Make Bucks, Brewers Rich - Bruce Murphy - Apr 16th, 2019
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Bucks Unveil Master Plan for Park East - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 15th, 2019
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Bucks Plan Massive Arena Signs - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 12th, 2019
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Bucks’ New Bar Is “The MECCA” - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 7th, 2019
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Bucks Planning Sports Bar for Live Block - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 24th, 2019
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Inside Good City Brewing’s New Taproom - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 23rd, 2019
Read more about New Bucks Arena here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Scott Walker
Governor Scott Walker ordered flags to half-staff on Saturday, April 14, 2018.
Governor Walker Orders Flags to Half-Staff as a Mark of Respect for Captain Christopher Truman of the Lake Mills Fire DepartmentJan 3rd, 2019 by Gov. Scott Walker
Captain Truman died on December 31, 2018, while selflessly assisting a driver of a crashed vehicle on Highway 12 near the Yahara River Bridge in Monona, Wisconsin.
Governor Scott Walker today appointed Attorney Scott J. Nordstrand to serve as a judge on the St. Croix County Circuit Court and Attorney David Meany to the position of Ashland County District Attorney.