Governor Evers approves WIS 100 improvements in Milwaukee County
To invest in Wisconsin’s transportation system, Governor Evers signed a $10 million contract to improve WIS 100 (Brown Deer Road), between 91st Street and N Arbon Drive, in the City of Milwaukee and Village of Brown Deer. Work is anticipated to begin the week of April 19, 2021.
Payne and Dolan Inc., is the prime contractor for the project and will implement the following:
- Pavement resurfacing
- Full pavement replacement at WIS 100 intersections with 66th Street, 60th Street and 50th Street
- New traffic signals at nine intersections
- New sidewalk on the south side of Brown Deer Road from 68th St. to 64th St., and from 60th St. to 56th St.
- Curb ramp reconstruction
- Updates to existing bus stop platforms
- Modifications to median openings at multiple locations
During construction, WIS 100 will remain open. Two lanes of traffic will be open in each direction during AM and PM peak hours on weekdays. Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction during midday hours, evenings and weekends. There will be short term closures at alternating side road intersections.
More information can be found on the project website at: https://projects.511wi.gov/browndeer/
- Follow us on Twitter: @WisDOTsoutheast
- Visit the region’s 511 website: https://projects.511wi.gov/region/southeast/
Motorists are reminded that using handheld cell phones in Wisconsin work zones is illegal. Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.