Gov. Tony Evers Calls for Renegotiation of Foxconn Deal
‘He’s Looking Out First and Foremost for Wisconsin’
MADISON, Wis. — Today, Gov. Tony Evers announced he will seek to modify the terms of a contract with Foxconn.
In doing so Gov. Evers noted the unrealistic nature of the promises made by the Taiwanese manufacturer to former Gov. Scott Walker as it extracted commitments of over $4 billion in Wisconsin taxpayer-funded subsidies for its operation in Wisconsin.
Evers’ action comes after months of media reports that Foxconn plans to scale back it’s Wisconsin manufacturing plans, much as it has with numerous other proposals around the globe.
“Gov. Evers’ call to re-open the Foxconn deal in light of Foxconn’s backsliding on their Wisconsin jobs and investment promises shows he’s looking out first and foremost for Wisconsin.
“Meanwhile Republican legislative leaders Robin Vos and Scott Fitzgerald, who along with Scott Walker, conspired to put us on the hook for the largest state subsidy to a foreign corporation in history are more interested in trying to cover their political backsides.”
One Wisconsin Now is a statewide communications network specializing in effective earned media and online organizing to advance progressive leadership and values.
- State Reviewing Foxconn Jobs Report - Erik Gunn - Jul 23rd, 2020
- Foxconn Hosts Smart Manufacturing Web Conference, Launches iAI Institute - Foxconn Technology Group - Jul 10th, 2020
- Foxconn Will Make 10K Ventilators - Corri Hess - Jun 19th, 2020
- Medtronic and Foxconn Partner to Increase Ventilator Production - Foxconn Technology Group - Jun 18th, 2020
- Foxconn Audit Delayed Two Months - Erik Gunn - Jun 3rd, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn’s Profits Plunge By 90% - Bruce Murphy - May 19th, 2020
- Foxconn to Assemble Procedural Masks in Wisconsin for Pandemic Relief - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Squeezes Evers - Bruce Murphy - Apr 15th, 2020
- Foxconn Says It Earned Tax Credits - Corri Hess - Apr 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Plant Will Make Ventilators - Bruce Murphy - Apr 8th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by One Wisconsin Now
State Supreme Court Candidate Co-Authored Column Opposing Efforts to Clean Up Court Campaigns
Over $14,000 from Board Members of Right-Wing Legal Group to State Court Justice’s Campaign
Dan Kelly Supporters Want Court Action to Allow Enforcement of Abortion Ban Dating to 19th Century