Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff in Honor of Officer Joseph Kurer
MADISON — Gov. Tony Evers today signed Executive Order #134 ordering the flags of the United States and the state of Wisconsin to be flown at half-staff on Wed., Sept. 29, 2021, in honor of Officer Joseph Kurer, who lost his life in the line of duty due to complications from COVID-19. In a previous release, Gov. Evers issued a statement regarding Officer Joseph Kurer’s passing which can be viewed here.
Officer Joseph Kurer of Fond du Lac, passed away on Sept. 22, 2021, at 26 years old, after contracting COVID-19 in the line of duty. While Officer Joseph Kurer began his career with the City of Fond du Lac Police Department in 2018, his commitment to service spanned a lifetime, having served as Community Service Officer for the City of West Bend Police Department and in the Wisconsin National Guard. Officer Joseph Kurer also earned decorations like the City of Fond du Lac Police Department Life Saving Award, Army Commendation Medal, Army Achievement Medal, and Air Force Sergeants Association NCO of the Year as a Cadet Non-Commissioned Officer in the Civil Air Patrol.
Services for Officer Joseph Kurer will he help on Wed., Sept. 29, 2021, in Fond du Lac.
Executive Order #134 will be in effect from sunrise to sunset on Wed., Sept. 29, 2021, and is available here.
- Wisconsin to Offer COVID-19 Moderna and Johnson & Johnson Vaccine Booster Doses - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Oct 22nd, 2021
- CVS Health Announces Availability of Moderna Booster to Eligible Populations - CVS Health - Oct 22nd, 2021
- Milwaukee Rolls Out Vaccination Promotion For Second Shot - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 21st, 2021
- UW-Stevens Point, UW-Green Bay reach 70% threshold for student vaccinations - University of Wisconsin System - Oct 21st, 2021
- COVID-19 Second Dose Vaccine Incentive Program to Launch October 21 - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Oct 20th, 2021
- Nursing Home COVID-19 Cases, Deaths Increasing - Erik Gunn - Oct 19th, 2021
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Oct 15th, 2021
- MATC to Host Public COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic at the Downtown Milwaukee Campus Oct. 18 - Milwaukee Area Technical College - Oct 15th, 2021
- City Hall: MPD Supervisors Face Vaccine-or-Mask Requirement - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 14th, 2021
- Hospitals Expect to Lose Staff Over Vaccine Mandates - Shamane Mills - Oct 14th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Tony Evers
Governor's meat processor grant program to support meat processing supply chain moves forward