Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff in Honor of Cpt. Kelly Lynn Raether of Ixonia Fire & EMS
MADISON — Gov. Tony Evers signed Executive Order #96 ordering the flags of the United States and the state of Wisconsin to be flown at half-staff in honor of Cpt. Kelly Lynn Raether of the Town of Ixonia Fire & EMS. Raether passed away on Nov. 26, 2020 after contracting COVID-19 in the line of duty as she responded to the emergency medical needs of a COVID-19 patient.
“Cpt. Raether served her community every day with astounding courage and selflessness, putting her health and safety on the line, even during a global pandemic, to help others,” said Gov. Evers. “This is a devastating loss and we send our deepest condolences to Capt. Raether’s family and the Ixonia community. While our first responders are always prepared to run towards danger, let this be a reminder to all of us how critical our actions are in helping to keep them safe during this pandemic.”
In addition to serving her community as an emergency medicine technician for 15 years, Raether was a professor of nursing, teaching the next generation of healthcare providers.
Executive order #96 is effective immediately and ends at sunset on Sat., Dec. 5, 2020, and can be found here.
- WI Daily: 1,119 New COVID-19 Cases - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 24th, 2021
- Op Ed: Timberlake Has Chops to Ramp Up Vaccines - John Torinus - Jan 24th, 2021
- WI Daily: 1,681 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 23rd, 2021
- WI Daily: 2,070 New COVID-19 Cases - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 22nd, 2021
- U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin Asks President Biden to Reopen the ACA Marketplace to Allow Wisconsinites to Get Health Insurance During COVID-19 Pandemic - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Jan 22nd, 2021
- GOP Legislators Want to Repeal Mask Mandate - Erik Gunn - Jan 22nd, 2021
- What’s It Like to Get COVID-19 Vaccine? - Matt Martinez - Jan 22nd, 2021
- MKE County: COVID-19 Being Suppressed Countywide - Graham Kilmer - Jan 21st, 2021
- WI Daily: 2,177 New COVID-19 Cases - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 21st, 2021
- Republican Bills Hinder Wisconsin’s Efforts to Slow the Spread of COVID-19 - State Sen. Melissa Agard - Jan 21st, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Tony Evers
State will seek outside legal counsel to investigate and prepare for litigation against corporate actors responsible