Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff as a Mark of Respect for the Victims of the Tragedy at the 2021 Waukesha Christmas Parade
MADISON — Gov. Tony Evers today ordered the flags of the United States and the state of Wisconsin to be flown at half-staff on Mon., Nov. 22, 2021, as a mark of respect for the victims of the tragedy at the 2021 Waukesha Christmas Parade.
Last night, Gov. Evers released a statement on this tragic event available here and below:
“Kathy and I are praying for Waukesha tonight and all the kids, families, and community members affected by this senseless act. I’m grateful for the first responders and folks who acted quickly to help, and we are in contact with local partners as we await more information.”
The order is effective at sunrise and ends at sunset.
Executive Order #141 can be found here.
- DA Blames ‘Human Error’ for Waukesha Parade Attack Suspect’s Bail - Corri Hess - Dec 3rd, 2021
- Rep. Fitzgerald Requests a Moment of Silence on House Floor to Honor Waukesha Christmas Parade Victims - U.S. Rep Scott Fitzgerald - Nov 30th, 2021
- Baldwin, Johnson Urge People Not to Exploit Waukesha Tragedy - Ruth Conniff - Nov 29th, 2021
- Sens. Baldwin and Johnson: Outside Groups Attempting to Exploit Tragedy in Waukesha Must Cease and Desist; Respect Local Authorities - Sens. Tammy Baldwin and Ron Johnson - Nov 27th, 2021
- $5 Million Bail For Suspect in Waukesha Massacre - Isiah Holmes - Nov 24th, 2021
- ‘We Are All In This Together’ - Shamane Mills and Diane Bezucha - Nov 23rd, 2021
- Waukesha Shocked by Killings, Schools Close - WPR Staff - Nov 22nd, 2021
- Versiti Extends Blood Donation Center Hours as Community Responds to Need - Versiti Blood Center of Wisconsin - Nov 22nd, 2021
- Rep. Bowen Statement on Tragedy in Waukesha - State Rep. David Bowen - Nov 22nd, 2021
- Rep.Stubbs’ Statement on Waukesha Parade Tragedy - State Rep. Shelia Stubbs - Nov 22nd, 2021
Read more about Tragedy at Waukesha Christmas Parade here
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Tony Evers
Gov. Evers Delivers on Promise to do What’s Best for Kids, Invests $110 Million in Wisconsin Kids and SchoolsDec 2nd, 2021 by Gov. Tony Evers
Funding directed by the governor to provide new, additional funding to every school district in Wisconsin