Gov. Evers, DOA Secretary Brennan Announce 54 Awardees for the COVID-19 Movie Theater Grant Program
MADISON — Gov. Tony Evers today announced that $10 million from the COVID-19 Movie Theater Grant Program has been awarded to 54 movie theater operators across Wisconsin. The program will provide critical funds to assist movie theaters impacted by the pandemic.
“Wisconsin businesses across industries and communities have felt the strains of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, and movie theaters have been particularly hard as they also battle stalled movie production,” said Gov. Evers. “Movie theaters are often a corner stone of our main street businesses, and I am glad we were able to get these funds out the door to help them keep theirs open.”
“Movie theaters employ thousands of individuals throughout the state,” said DOA Secretary Joel Brennan. “We hope this funding will provide some relief to these institutions in communities large and small so that they can continue to provide Wisconsinites with employment and family memories in the years to come.”
A full list of grant winners is available here.
- WI Daily: 3,831 New COVID-19 Cases - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 29th, 2020
- WI Daily: 5,033 New COVID-19 Cases, Over Half of Reported Tests - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 28th, 2020
- WI Daily: 1,033 New COVID-19 Cases - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 27th, 2020
- WI Daily: 5,095 New Cases As Hospitalizations Fall - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 26th, 2020
- Wisconsin Supreme Court Blocks Racine School Closure Order, Grants WILL Original Action - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Nov 25th, 2020
- Milwaukee Unemployment Rising - Graham Kilmer - Nov 25th, 2020
- WI Daily: COVID-19 Testing, Cases Falling - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 25th, 2020
- Think Small on Thanksgiving, Evers Urges - Melanie Conklin - Nov 25th, 2020
- Milwaukee County House of Correction to Launch Soft Opening of Alternate Care Facility on Saturday, November 28 - County Executive David Crowley - Nov 25th, 2020
- COVID-19 Surging in State Prisons - Danielle Kaeding - Nov 25th, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Tony Evers
Gov. Evers, Lt. Gov. Barnes Hear from More Than 300 Wisconsinites at Virtual Budget Listening SessionNov 24th, 2020 by Gov. Tony Evers
Next virtual budget listening session on environment, infrastructure, and the economy to occur Dec.