Gov. Evers, DHS Announce One Million Wisconsinites Have Been Fully Vaccinated Against COVID-19
MADISON — Gov. Tony Evers and the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) today announced that one million people in Wisconsin have completed their COVID-19 vaccine series and are fully vaccinated against the disease.
“We’re happy to see folks in Wisconsin doing their part and getting vaccinated when it is their turn,” said Gov. Evers. “Keep up the good work, and we’ll be back to our Wisconsin way of life before you know it.”
Since first receiving vaccine in mid-December, Wisconsin has continued to ramp up vaccination efforts. Last week the state opened up eligibility to people with certain medical conditions representing the largest eligibility group to date. Vaccine providers in Wisconsin have administered over 2.7 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine since the program began, averaging roughly 50,000 doses per day over the past seven days.
“Being fully vaccinated using any of the three safe and highly effective vaccines available provides the best protection from COVID-19,” said DHS Secretary-designee Karen Timberlake. “Having one million Wisconsinites who have completed their vaccine series is yet another strong indicator that our vaccine program is working. Thank you to our vaccinators for getting us to this milestone.”
For more information, resources, and data related to Wisconsin’s COVID-19 vaccination program, visit the COVID-19 vaccine webpage. You can also follow @DHSWI on Facebook, Twitter, or dhs.wi on Instagram for more information on COVID-19.
- Student Infection Rates May Soar - Terry Falk - Apr 12th, 2021
- WI Daily: 569 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 11th, 2021
- WI Daily: 804 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 10th, 2021
- WI Daily: 1,092 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 9th, 2021
- Ad Campaign Launched to Boost Vaccine Confidence - Shamane Mills - Apr 9th, 2021
- Milwaukee Anticipates New COVID-19 Restrictions Next Week - Jeramey Jannene - Apr 9th, 2021
- The City of Milwaukee Order Phase 6 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Apr 9th, 2021
- MTEA calls on MPS School Board to hold Special Meeting to discuss reopening preparations - Milwaukee Teachers’ Education Association - Apr 9th, 2021
- Community Organizations Tackle Vaccine Hesitancy - Ana Martinez-Ortiz - Apr 9th, 2021
- New COVID-19 Variants Behind Spiking Cases - Erik Gunn - Apr 9th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Tony Evers
Estimated 9,300 small businesses to receive $5,000 grants through ‘We’re All In’ program
Gov. Evers Announces FEMA Support for COVID-19 Mass Vaccination Clinic Site in Madison Begins April 7Apr 6th, 2021 by Gov. Tony Evers
Mass vaccination clinic to serve thousands at Alliant Energy Center