Global George P. Floyd Jr. Day October 14th: #Cardboardlovepaint #withus as Milwaukee Celebrates George Floyd Day
MILWAUKEE – Milwaukee Artists for Racial Justice and friends will host a community celebration this Wednesday from 5:30pm until 8:46pm at 2308 North Holton ave on the corner of Holton ave and North ave. In the parking lot of the George Floyd Mural tribute speakers, drummers, musical artists, a live painting, and an art installation will take place and we are inviting all press media for coverage. Masks are required and this is a free event for all.
MKE-ARJ Leadership released the following statement:g
At 8:46pm there will be a candlelight & Cellphone tribute to close the event with tribute words by Chairman Nate Hamilton of Milwaukee’s Community Collaborative Commission, and the Anderson Family of slain Jay Anderson.
Milwaukee Artists For Racial Justice is a platform where art and story meet in support of the fight against police brutality, gun violence, and district attorneys selective prosecution in these cases. 100% of donations collected from art are distributed to fight for Racial Justice across the city of Milwaukee.
- The “Molotov Cocktail” That Wasn’t - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 23rd, 2020
- City Hall: Police Chief, Alderman Fight Over Use of Canines - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 23rd, 2020
- Will BLM Movement Sway State Voters? - Bridgit Bowden - Oct 20th, 2020
- City Hall: Community Groups Propose Changes - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 19th, 2020
- Global George P. Floyd Jr. Day October 14th: #Cardboardlovepaint #withus as Milwaukee Celebrates George Floyd Day - Milwaukee Artists for Racial Justice - Oct 13th, 2020
- Tosa Police Arrest Cole Family At Protest - Isiah Holmes - Oct 9th, 2020
- MPD requests that all individuals who choose to express their First Amendment right to assemble do so peacefully - Milwaukee Police Department - Oct 8th, 2020
- Rep. Robyn Vining Responds to Milwaukee County DA Decision - State Rep. Robyn Vining - Oct 8th, 2020
- March Continues, With New Chant - Urban Milwaukee - Oct 7th, 2020
- March Continues Near 100th and Capitol - Urban Milwaukee - Oct 7th, 2020
Read more about 2020 Racial Justice Protests here