Get Vaccinated and Throw Axes or Play Shuffleboard for Free at Bars & Recreation’s Vaccination Clinic
Bars & Rec to offer free axe throwing and shuffleboard as an incentive to get vaccinated during ‘Let’s AXE Covid!’ clinic
MILWAUKEE (May 24, 2021) – Bars & Recreation, the team behind Milwaukee’s most-popular activity bars AXE MKE, NorthSouth Club, Nine Below, Splash Studio and Head Space Trivia, is hosting a vaccination clinic on May 27 in partnership with the Milwaukee Health Department. Let’s AXE Covid will reward patrons who get vaccinated with free axe throwing or shuffleboard.
“We have been ready to ‘axe’ COVID for a very long time, so we are thrilled to partner with the Milwaukee Health Department to help facilitate vaccinations, and then celebrate together after,” said President and CEO of Bars and Recreation Marla Poytinger.
“After people get their vaccine, they’ll have a chance to take our all their pandemic frustrations by throwing axes and also celebrate being vaccinated over a game of shuffleboard,” added Poytinger.
Let’s AXE Covid will be held on Thursday, May 27 at NorthSouth Club, located in Walker’s Point at 230 E. Pittsburgh Ave, from 4-8 p.m. The event is walk-in style with no appointment necessary. Both Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson vaccines will be available. Free axe throwing and shuffleboard is limited to ages 16+. For more information on the COVID-19 vaccine, visit https://www.healthymke.com/.
About Bars & Recreation:
What began as Milwaukee’s first painting bar has become an exciting group of activity bars revolutionizing the ordinary night out. Bars & Recreation is the parent company for five Milwaukee entertainment brands: AXE MKE, NorthSouth Club, Nine Below, Splash Studio and Head Space Trivia. Customers come to us seeking unique, fun, organized opportunities to celebrate life events or just spend time socializing with friends and co-workers.
- Federally Funded COVID-19 Vaccines Will End. What’s Next? - Graham Kilmer - Sep 27th, 2022
- Stay Healthy this Fall: COVID-19 At-Home Tests and Booster Shots Still Available with No Out-of-Pocket Cost - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Sep 26th, 2022
- Supervisor Coggs-Jones Applauds Expanded Access to Free COVID-19 Self-Tests - Sup. Priscilla E Coggs-Jones - Sep 12th, 2022
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Sep 9th, 2022
- Milwaukee Health Department Begins Administration of Updated COVID-19 Booster Vaccine to Target Omicron Subvariant - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Sep 9th, 2022
- DHS Encourages Wisconsinites to Make a Plan to Get Boosted Against COVID-19 this Fall - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Sep 7th, 2022
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services Secretary-designee Karen Timberlake’s Statement on CDC’s COVID-19 Bivalent Booster Vaccine Recommendations - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Sep 1st, 2022
- MKE County: Milwaukee Reflects Nationwide COVID-19 Decline - Graham Kilmer - Aug 26th, 2022
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Aug 26th, 2022
- MKE County: COVID-19 Hospitalizations Remain High - Graham Kilmer - Aug 19th, 2022
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Bars & Recreation
Play Shuffleboard, Enjoy Drink Specials, and Win Prizes During NorthSouth Club’s Derby Celebration
Nine Below to Offer Discounted Drinks with Non-Perishable Food Donations
Nine Below to Hold Grand Reopening After Brand and Space Refresh