Freshwater For Life Action Coalition (FLAC) to Hold Press Conference After Announcement Of Firing Health Commissioner Bevan Baker
"...What FLAC wants to hear is when is the City going to release data regarding lead blood testing of Milwaukee infants..."
Milwaukee – The Freshwater For Life Action Coalition (FLAC) will be announcing a press conference, time, date and location upon the release of information from Mayor Barrett‘s office regarding the firing of City of Milwaukee Health Commissioner Bevan Baker.
- Op Ed: Lead Paint, Poisoning Still An Issue - Joanna Balza - May 7th, 2021
- Moore Hopes Biden Plan Can Replace City’s Lead Pipes - Elizabeth Dohms-Harter - Apr 17th, 2021
- Op Ed: Biden Plan Is a Lead Pipe Cinch - Dan Shafer - Apr 14th, 2021
- Urban Ideas: Fix Lead Poisoning, Not Lead Pipes - Jeramey Jannene - Apr 12th, 2021
- Evers Budget Has Green Goals - Danielle Kaeding - Feb 18th, 2021
- New Program for Lead-Poisoned Children - Matt Martinez - Dec 26th, 2020
- EPA Requires Lead Testing for Schools, Day Cares - Danielle Kaeding - Dec 22nd, 2020
- Lead Testing Down During Pandemic - Edgar Mendez - Nov 6th, 2020
- Op Ed: Lead Poisoning and a Listening Session - Carol Diggelman and Ann Batiza - Oct 27th, 2020
- SafeHomes initiative expands lead abatement efforts for a lead-free Milwaukee - Ald. Marina Dimitrijevic - Oct 27th, 2020
Read more about Lead Crisis here
Recent Press Releases by Freshwater For Life Action Coalition
Freshwater For Life Action Coalition (FLAC) & Get The Lead Out Coalition (GTLO) Support Letter To Milwaukee County District Attorney By Milwaukee AlderpersonsApr 23rd, 2019 by Freshwater For Life Action Coalition
Last week FLAC/GLTO met with District Attorney Chisholm and his investigators as a follow up to our call to investigate the Health Department last year.
The lead water public health crisis our community is suffering from requires the knowledge and leadership of someone more independent like Dr. McManus to steer the health department away from this chaos.
Milwaukee Health Department not following minimum recommendations of State Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention and Control Handbook for Public Health DepartmentsJan 20th, 2018 by Freshwater For Life Action Coalition
Follow-up blood lead monitoring, the City of Milwaukee Health Department is not even doing that and that is the minimum recommended action when lead is found in a child's blood.