Foxconn Awards $34 Million in Contracts to Wisconsin-based Businesses, Construction on Gen6 Campus to Commence Immediately
Announces series of public information sessions for next round of bid packages
MILWAUKEE, WI – Foxconn Technology Group (Foxconn) and its construction manager, Gilbane | Exyte, today announced five Wisconsin-based sub-contractors who are set to immediately commence construction at its Gen6 advanced manufacturing facility campus located in the Wisconn Valley Science and Technology Park in Racine County, Wisconsin. The contracts, which carry a combined total contract value of close to $34 million, will jumpstart the construction of vital utilities and roadways on the site.
“Foxconn is proud to announce these successful Wisconsin based subcontractors who will help make the Gen6 facility a reality,” said Dr. Woo. “This investment will continue to provide new economic development to the local community and throughout the state. Our Wisconsin First approach guides how we conduct business in the Badger state, and we look forward to having a positive impact on a range of industries and sectors in the community. This is only the beginning.”
Prime Subcontractors who have been awarded contracts and will commence work on site utilities, roadways, and associated storm drainage are listed below:
- Giles Engineering Associates Inc – Waukesha
- Staff Electric Company Inc – Menomonee Falls
- Hoffman Construction Company – Black River Falls
- A.W. Oakes & Sons, Inc. – Racine
- Payne & Dolan, Inc. – Waukesha
In addition to today’s announcement, Foxconn will be taking several key steps in the coming months and will also be issuing initial bid packages for the construction of the Gen6 fabrication facility and ancillary buildings in May 2019.
Additional information regarding the project, process and bid packages as well as information about how contractors can participate will be shared at a series of public information sessions, scheduled to be held:
- April 3, 2019 at the SC Johnson iMET Center in Sturtevant Wisconsin
- April 10, 2019 at the MATC TRUAX Campus in Madison, Wisconsin
- April 17, 2019 at the Chippewa Valley Technical College/Gateway Campus in Eau Claire, Wisconsin
- April 18, 2019 at the Northwest Wisconsin Technical College in Green Bay, Wisconsin
More detailed information about each session and how to register can be found at: https://wisconnvalley.wi.gov/Pages/General-Info-Sessions.aspx. Companies interested in receiving information regarding bid opportunities are encouraged to sign up at https://foxconn-construction.gilbaneco.com/.
“Foxconn is delivering on its ’Wisconsin First’ commitment and it will continue to be our priority as we expand our presence around the state and further establish Wisconsin as a leader in the advanced manufacturing sector creating employment opportunities locally, while continuing to invest in the future,” said Dr. Woo.
About Foxconn Technology Group
Established in 1974, Foxconn Technology Group (“Foxconn”), is the global leader in manufacturing services for the computer, communication, and consumer electronics (3C) industry. A multinational company headquartered in Taiwan, Foxconn offers many of the leading U.S. and international companies in electronics a one-stop integrated manufacturing solution. Foxconn generated total annual revenue of $158 billion in 2017 and was ranked No. 24 on the 2018 Fortune magazine Global 500. The company has facilities in Asia, Europe, and the Americas.
Foxconn is leveraging the potential of cloud computing, mobile devices, the Internet of Things, Big Data, artificial intelligence, networks, and robotics and automation, in its transformation as a leading high-tech enterprise and industrial Internet company. The company has research centers and testing laboratories internationally and has received more than 83,500 patents worldwide. In addition to maximizing value creation for customers, Foxconn is also dedicated to enhancing the concept of environmental sustainability in the manufacturing process and serving as a best-practices model for global enterprises.
- Murphy’s Law: The Foxconn Real Estate Show - Bruce Murphy - Feb 25th, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: Local Costs for Foxconn Cut By 2% - Bruce Murphy - Feb 8th, 2021
- Foxconn Sued for Breach of Contract - Corri Hess - Feb 4th, 2021
- Vos and Wanggaard Continue to Gaslight Public on Foxconn Development - A Better Mt. Pleasant - Feb 3rd, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: Robin Vos Will Solve Foxconn Fiasco - Bruce Murphy - Feb 2nd, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: 9 Reasons a New Foxconn Contract Is Unlikely - Bruce Murphy - Dec 21st, 2020
- Audit Says Foxconn Loophole Needs a Fix - Corri Hess - Dec 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Residents Outraged by Foxconn Fiasco - Bruce Murphy - Dec 8th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Landing Google Contract? - Bruce Murphy - Nov 23rd, 2020
- Op Ed: Mistake? Foxconn Was a Whopper - John Torinus - Oct 30th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Foxconn Technology Group
"Foxconn will remain committed to the completion and continued expansion of our project and investment in Wisconsin as long as policymakers at the federal, state, and local levels remain committed to Foxconn"