Foxconn Announces Awards for Construction of Foundations of Gen6 Advanced Manufacturing Facility
Awards another $13 million in contracts to Wisconsin-based companies
MILWAUKEE, WI – Foxconn Technology Group (Foxconn) and its construction manager, Gilbane | Exyte, today announced three Wisconsin-based sub-contractors who have been awarded contracts to commence construction of the foundations of the Gen6 advanced manufacturing facility at the Wisconn Valley Science and Technology Park in Racine County, Wisconsin. The contracts, which carry a combined total contract value of nearly $13 million, represent the first awards for vertical construction of the Gen6 building.
“Foxconn is very excited to announce the first awards for the vertical construction of the Gen6 advanced manufacturing facility – the heart of the Wisconn Valley Science and Technology Park,” said Peter Buck, Executive Director of the Wisconn Valley Science and Technology Park. “We’re proud to be delivering on our ‘Wisconsin First’ commitment by awarding these contracts to outstanding Wisconsin-based companies. These are the first of many forthcoming bid awards for the vertical construction of our advanced manufacturing facility, and we’re excited to drive further the construction progress at the Wisconn Valley Science and Technology Park in the coming weeks and months.”
Prime Subcontractors who have been awarded contracts and will commence work on Bid Package #4a, Foundations & Related Work, are listed below:
- PSI Intertek, Waukesha, WI – Materials Testing for Foundations and Related Construction
- CD Smith Construction, Fond du Lac, WI – Excavation and Concrete Foundation Work
- Otis Elevator Company, Milwaukee, WI – Elevator Work
Last month, Foxconn announced $34 million in contracts for work now underway on vital utilities and roadways at the Wisconn Valley campus. Information regarding the project, process and bid packages as well as information about how contractors can participate was shared at a series of public information sessions held throughout the month of April in communities around Wisconsin. Information presented during those sessions can be found at: https://wisconnvalley.wi.gov/Pages/General-Info-Sessions.aspx.
Companies interested in receiving information regarding ongoing opportunities to bid are encouraged to sign up at https://foxconn-construction.gilbaneco.com/.
About Foxconn Technology Group
Established in 1974, Foxconn Technology Group (“Foxconn”), is the global leader in manufacturing services for the computer, communication, and consumer electronics (3C) industry. A multinational company headquartered in Taiwan, Foxconn offers many of the leading U.S. and international companies in electronics a one-stop integrated manufacturing solution. Foxconn generated total annual revenue of $158 billion in 2017 and was ranked No. 24 on the 2018 Fortune magazine Global 500. The company has facilities in Asia, Europe, and the Americas.
Foxconn is leveraging the potential of cloud computing, mobile devices, the Internet of Things, Big Data, artificial intelligence, networks, and robotics and automation, in its transformation as a leading high-tech enterprise and industrial Internet company. The company has research centers and testing laboratories internationally and has received more than 83,500 patents worldwide. In addition to maximizing value creation for customers, Foxconn is also dedicated to enhancing the concept of environmental sustainability in the manufacturing process and serving as a best-practices model for global enterprises.
- State Reviewing Foxconn Jobs Report - Erik Gunn - Jul 23rd, 2020
- Foxconn Hosts Smart Manufacturing Web Conference, Launches iAI Institute - Foxconn Technology Group - Jul 10th, 2020
- Foxconn Will Make 10K Ventilators - Corri Hess - Jun 19th, 2020
- Medtronic and Foxconn Partner to Increase Ventilator Production - Foxconn Technology Group - Jun 18th, 2020
- Foxconn Audit Delayed Two Months - Erik Gunn - Jun 3rd, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn’s Profits Plunge By 90% - Bruce Murphy - May 19th, 2020
- Foxconn to Assemble Procedural Masks in Wisconsin for Pandemic Relief - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Squeezes Evers - Bruce Murphy - Apr 15th, 2020
- Foxconn Says It Earned Tax Credits - Corri Hess - Apr 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Plant Will Make Ventilators - Bruce Murphy - Apr 8th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Recent Press Releases by Foxconn Technology Group
Companies aim to produce 10,000 Puritan Bennett™ 560 ventilators together in the United States over the next year; partnership established after Medtronic announces Ventilator Open Source Initiative