Evers Blasts Walker for Funneling More Tax Dollars to Foxconn
DOT Secretary confirms money taken from other projects to pay for Foxconn roads
MADISON – At a meeting in Waunakee last month, Department of Transportation Secretary Dave Ross confirmed that transportation projects in Wisconsin have been intentionally delayed to cover the costs of road projects in southeast Wisconsin.
As communities across Wisconsin have been forced to implement wheel taxes to pay for road maintenance or are returning to gravel because they cannot afford asphalt, Ross confirmed Walker is siphoning money from these already cash-strapped communities to pay for roads for Foxconn.
State Superintendent of Public Instruction and Democratic Candidate for Governor Tony Evers released the following statement:
“Scott Walker’s mismanagement of Wisconsin’s transportation system is so bad it’s almost criminal. Wisconsinites feel like they’ve been forgotten about and Secretary Ross’s comments confirm they’re not wrong. While Scott Walker gives away billions to Foxconn, our existing Wisconsin small businesses and families are footing the bill. Now Walker is stealing millions more from other road projects across the state to further subsidize the Taiwanese manufacturer, Foxconn. As Governor, I’ll put a stop to that.
“I want to focus on solving problems, not picking political fights. We must start working together to find a comprehensive funding solution for our failing transportation system. Unlike Scott Walker, I won’t delay necessary road and infrastructure projects across the state just so that Foxconn can get yet another hand-out.”
Tony for Wisconsin
- Foxconn Deal Doesn’t Reduce Local Government Risk - Corri Hess - May 3rd, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: The True Costs of New Foxconn Deal - Bruce Murphy - Apr 28th, 2021
- The State of Politics: All Sides Won On New Foxconn Deal - Steven Walters - Apr 26th, 2021
- New Foxconn Deal Cuts Incentives By $2.77 Billion - Jeramey Jannene - Apr 20th, 2021
- Rep Hintz: Statement on Approval of Revised Foxconn Contract - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Apr 20th, 2021
- New Foxconn and WEDC Agreement Provides Flexibility and Clarity for Renewed Tech Investments in Science and Technology Park - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Announces Renegotiated Foxconn Contract to Save Taxpayers $2.77 Billion - Gov. Tony Evers - Apr 20th, 2021
- Rep. Hintz: Statement on Foxconn Announcement - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Apr 19th, 2021
- Evers Announces New, Smaller Foxconn Deal - Jeramey Jannene - Apr 19th, 2021
- Gov. Evers, Foxconn Reach New Agreement - Gov. Tony Evers - Apr 19th, 2021
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Tony Evers
Republicans on Joint Finance Committee gut Badger Bounceback agenda