Wisconsin Department of Revenue
Press Release

Department of Revenue Collections, December FY2023 General Purpose Revenue ($ in thousands – rounded)

 

By - Jan 19th, 2023 11:37 am
Collections for Month Collections to Date
Revenue Source FY22 FY23 % Change FY22 FY23 % Change
Individual Income          833,398          536,920 -35.6%      4,570,701      3,978,610 -13.0%
Adjusted          937,669          804,942 -14.2%      4,674,972      4,246,631 -9.2%
General Sales & Use          552,427          582,888 5.5%      2,849,811      3,135,643 10.0%
Corporate          584,238          556,450 -4.8%      1,279,494      1,275,551 -0.3%
Excise Taxes            59,675            53,427 -10.5%          293,583          276,453 -5.8%
Other              7,850          (13,371) -270.3%          264,220          238,066 -9.9%
Total GPR      2,037,588      1,716,314 -15.8%      9,257,809      8,904,323 -3.8%
Adjusted      2,141,859      1,984,336 -7.4%      9,362,080      9,172,344 -2.0%

This report includes general purpose revenue (GPR) taxes collected by the Wisconsin Department of Revenue and does not include taxes collected by the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance, administrative fees, and other miscellaneous revenues. Total General Fund tax collections are reported in the Department of Administration’s Report of Monthly General Fund Financial Information, which includes GPR and program revenue taxes collected by all state agencies.

Notes:

  1. In both fiscal years, the adjusted lines for the Collections for the Month include withholding that was received on the first working days of January, rather than the last day of December, which was a holiday weekend.  Collections to Date were also impacted.
  2. Individual Income includes 61.2% of pass-thru withholding. Corporate Income includes the remaining 38.8%.
  3. The Other category includes estate, utility, and real estate transfer tax collections.
  4. Total does not include insurance premium taxes.
  5. This report is generated from the STAR Accounting System. Timing differences may cause the amounts in this report to differ from reports produced by the Department of Administration. All data are preliminary and unaudited.

Leave a Reply

You must be an Urban Milwaukee member to leave a comment. Membership, which includes a host of perks, including an ad-free website, tickets to marquee events like Summerfest, the Wisconsin State Fair and the Florentine Opera, a better photo browser and access to members-only, behind-the-scenes tours, starts at $9/month. Learn more.

Join now and cancel anytime.

If you are an existing member, sign-in to leave a comment.

Have questions? Need to report an error? Contact Us