Department of Revenue Collections, December FY2023 General Purpose Revenue ($ in thousands – rounded)
|Collections for Month||Collections to Date|
|Revenue Source||FY22||FY23||% Change||FY22||FY23||% Change|
|General Sales & Use||552,427||582,888||5.5%||2,849,811||3,135,643||10.0%|
This report includes general purpose revenue (GPR) taxes collected by the Wisconsin Department of Revenue and does not include taxes collected by the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance, administrative fees, and other miscellaneous revenues. Total General Fund tax collections are reported in the Department of Administration’s Report of Monthly General Fund Financial Information, which includes GPR and program revenue taxes collected by all state agencies.
- In both fiscal years, the adjusted lines for the Collections for the Month include withholding that was received on the first working days of January, rather than the last day of December, which was a holiday weekend. Collections to Date were also impacted.
- Individual Income includes 61.2% of pass-thru withholding. Corporate Income includes the remaining 38.8%.
- The Other category includes estate, utility, and real estate transfer tax collections.
- Total does not include insurance premium taxes.
- This report is generated from the STAR Accounting System. Timing differences may cause the amounts in this report to differ from reports produced by the Department of Administration. All data are preliminary and unaudited.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Wisconsin Department of Revenue
Wisconsin Homeowners Receive Holiday Gift from the Lottery