Department of Revenue Collections, December FY2020 General Purpose Revenue ($ in thousands – rounded)
|Collections for Month||Collections to Date|
|Revenue Source||FY18||FY19||% change||FY18||FY19||% change|
|General Sales & Use||447,088||461,329||3.2%||2,387,889||2,485,819||4.1%|
This report includes general purpose revenue (GPR) taxes collected by the Wisconsin Department of Revenue and does not include taxes collected by the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance, administrative fees, and other miscellaneous revenues. Total General Fund tax collections are reported in the Department of Administration’s Report of Monthly General Fund Financial Information, which includes GPR and program revenue taxes collected by all state agencies.
- For fiscal year (FY) 2020, the adjusted line excludes withholding that was received on the first working days of December, rather than the last day of November, which was a weekend day. For both fiscal years, the adjusted line also includes withholding that was received on the first working days of January, rather than the last day of December, which was a holiday. Year-to-date revenues for both fiscal years were also affected.
- Individual Income includes 62.0% of pass-thru withholding. Corporate Income includes the remaining 38.0%.
- The Other category includes estate, utility, and real estate transfer tax collections.
- Total does not include insurance premium taxes.
- This report is generated from the STAR Accounting System. Timing differences may cause the amounts in this report to differ from reports produced by the Department of Administration.
- All data are preliminary and unaudited.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Wisconsin Department of Revenue
There are advantages to filing sooner rather than later