Wisconsin Department of Revenue
Press Release

Department of Revenue Collections, December FY2020 General Purpose Revenue ($ in thousands – rounded)

 

By - Jan 15th, 2020 02:33 pm
Collections for Month Collections to Date
Revenue Source FY18 FY19 % change FY18 FY19 % change
Individual Income          712,941          931,736 30.7%      3,872,427      4,005,753 3.4%
Adjusted          788,444          749,604 -4.9%      3,947,930      4,081,945 3.4%
General Sales & Use          447,088          461,329 3.2%      2,387,889      2,485,819 4.1%
Corporate          177,133          316,496 78.7%          459,218          758,405 65.2%
Excise Taxes            55,595            51,557 -7.3%          299,761          301,677 0.6%
Other          (19,843)          (17,267) -13.0%          230,531          228,233 -1.0%
Total GPR      1,372,913      1,743,852 27.0%      7,249,826      7,779,888 7.3%
Adjusted      1,448,416      1,561,720 7.8%      7,325,329      7,856,079 7.2%

This report includes general purpose revenue (GPR) taxes collected by the Wisconsin Department of Revenue and does not include taxes collected by the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance, administrative fees, and other miscellaneous revenues. Total General Fund tax collections are reported in the Department of Administration’s Report of Monthly General Fund Financial Information, which includes GPR and program revenue taxes collected by all state agencies.

Notes:

  1. For fiscal year (FY) 2020, the adjusted line excludes withholding that was received on the first working days of December, rather than the last day of November, which was a weekend day.  For both fiscal years, the adjusted line also includes withholding that was received on the first working days of January, rather than the last day of December, which was a holiday.  Year-to-date revenues for both fiscal years were also affected.
  2. Individual Income includes 62.0% of pass-thru withholding. Corporate Income includes the remaining 38.0%.
  3. The Other category includes estate, utility, and real estate transfer tax collections.
  4. Total does not include insurance premium taxes.
  5. This report is generated from the STAR Accounting System. Timing differences may cause the amounts in this report to differ from reports produced by the Department of Administration.
  6. All data are preliminary and unaudited.

Mentioned in This Press Release

Recent Press Releases by Wisconsin Department of Revenue

Wisconsin Department of Revenue
Wisconsin Department of Revenue

Over a Million Tax Returns Filed So Far This Tax Season

There are advantages to filing sooner rather than later

Wisconsin Department of Revenue

Department of Revenue Collections, January FY2020

General Purpose Revenue ($ in thousands - rounded)

Leave a Reply

You must be an Urban Milwaukee member to leave a comment. Membership, which includes a host of perks, including an ad-free website, tickets to marquee events like Summerfest, the Wisconsin State Fair and the Florentine Opera, a better photo browser and access to members-only, behind-the-scenes tours, starts at $9/month. Learn more.

Join now and cancel anytime.

If you are an existing member, sign-in to leave a comment.

Have questions? Need to report an error? Contact Us