Department of Public Works Services For the July 4-7, 2013 Holiday Day Weekend
City of Milwaukee government offices will be closed on Thursday, July 4th to celebrate Independence Day, and again on Friday, July 5th for a mandatory furlough day. However, some Department of Public Works (DPW) services will be available for limited hours of operation and certain parking restrictions will be lifted.
Garbage, Recycling, and Self-Help Centers:
- There will be no garbage and recycling pick-up on July 4th & 5th
- Self-Help Centers will be open on Saturday, July 6th & Sunday, July 7th from 7:00 a.m.to 3:00 p.m.
- No parking meter enforcement on Thursday, July 4th
- No night parking enforcement on Thursday, July 4th from 2:00-6:00 a.m. and on Friday, July 5th from 2:00-6:00 a.m.
- No night parking permission required overnight from July 3-4 and July 4-5
Tow Lot will be open:
- Thursday, July 4th – 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- Friday, July 5th – 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, July 6th – 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- 24-hour drinking water service and Emergency Control Center – 286-3710
- Pay your Municipal Services Bill online at www.city.milwaukee.gov/water
Bridge Openings & Closings:
In addition, residents should call 414.286-CITY (2489) for other requests. For more information on DPW services, go to www.city.milwaukee.gov/mpw.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by City of Milwaukee
The proposed, future King Drive/ Bronzeville extension of the Milwaukee Streetcar has the potential to connect people to jobs, attract new businesses, bring new housing options, and improve public open spaces.
Sewer contractor to appear before the Steering & Rules Committee to address racist symbols at work-siteDec 11th, 2017 by City of Milwaukee
The meeting will be at 9:30 a.m. in room 301-B at City Hall, 200 E. Wells St.
City and Potawatomi strike 12-year, $10 million streetcar presenting sponsorship agreement, includes free rides for the first 12 monthsOct 6th, 2017 by City of Milwaukee
City also announces the system name “The Hop, presented by Potawatomi Hotel & Casino”