Dear Friends of Lynden,
Now that the “safer at home” order is coming our way, we need to close our grounds to the public. I know many of you have enjoyed the experience of wandering Lynden’s acres this past week or so, but we need to do this for the safety of our community.
Here are a few more updates:
• We have cancelled all events in April. It is highly likely that we will need to cancel events in May, too, but we are taking this one month at a time. We will be rescheduling as many events as we can when that becomes possible.
• We will begin rolling out virtual educational materials for families and teachers this week, we’ll keep you posted.
• We will also be posting virtual tours, starting off with one from artist Gary John Gresl, whose Body Farm at Lynden continues to decompose, quite oblivious to visitors and viruses.
• We continue to share resources with artists during this difficult time. If you have any leads–and I’ve received many–please let us know. If you’d like to join the e-list, send your e-mail our way.
• Although we will not be mailing out membership cards at this point, we are still accepting new memberships and renewals here. All cards will be distributed when we reopen.
• Updates are available here lyndensculpturegarden.org/covid
Large cultural institutions, small collectives, and individual artists are putting out so many excellent (and sometimes surprising) resources in these difficult times. Please enjoy them, make use of them, and remember these institutions and artists when we emerge from the current public health crisis.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have questions.
Keep each other safe,
- MKE County: COVID-19 Disease Burden Remains Stable - Graham Kilmer - Nov 25th, 2022
- MKE County: Wastewater Data Shows COVID-19 Uptick - Graham Kilmer - Nov 18th, 2022
- City of Milwaukee Bi-Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Nov 11th, 2022
- DHS Launches Free Telehealth Service for COVID-19 Treatment - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Nov 2nd, 2022
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Oct 28th, 2022
- New COVID-19 Boosters Available for Children - Graham Kilmer - Oct 25th, 2022
- MKE County: Rising New COVID-19 Variants A Concern - Graham Kilmer - Oct 22nd, 2022
- MKE County: COVID-19 Increasing In Milwaukee - Graham Kilmer - Oct 14th, 2022
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Oct 14th, 2022
- Widespread Immunity Key To Fighting Next COVID-19 Variant - Graham Kilmer - Oct 13th, 2022
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here