Danceworks, Inc. keeps the community moving by offering free virtual classes via FB Live and website.
MILWAUKEE, WI–Since 1992, Danceworks has been more than a performance company and dance studio. We are a family of artists committed to bringing joy, health and creativity into the lives of those we have the privilege of serving through dance, and this reaches far beyond the walls of our stage and studios.
We know that dance and movement are vital parts of our lives, and the well-being of our community is our highest priority. So, we’ve designed a series of VIRTUAL CLASSES that will help our students incorporate movement and dance (not stress) while at home.
Danceworks is offering FREE Facebook Live Stream classes every day, as well as providing our students with playlists of both adult and youth online video alternatives to our on-site classes. Our adult virtual classes are free and open to the community.
We remain committed to fulfilling our mission as we move through this challenging time. It is a rapidly changing situation which we are monitoring closely. Please keep an eye on our website and social media for any further updates.
As we make the challenging decision to cancel weeks of classes, workshops and performances, we are creating serious and lasting hardships for our staff and artists. Dance organizations (and the broader performing arts industry), artists, and independent art professionals are vital contributors to the nonprofit sector and important to the economy of the Milwaukee community that we serve.
As a nonprofit arts organization, we rely heavily on the support of our community. Now more than ever, our community’s support is critical to all nonprofit arts organizations as we are realizing significant losses due to the impact of COVID-19. In this challenging time, we ask that community members please consider a donation to Danceworks. Please consider a donation in the amount you would have spent on a drop-in studio class or performance ticket. The support from our community will make the difference for our artists and staff impacted by these circumstances. Thank you.
Other Studio Updates:
- As Gov. Tony Evers has ordered a state-wide “Safer at Home” mandate and a closing of all non-essential business, Danceworks is temporarily closed until further notice. As we continue to closely track developments regarding COVID-19, the decision to reopen will be made with the health of our customers and employees as our top priority.
- We will be extending the expiration date on all class cards and packages to ensure our clients have plenty of opportunity to use them.
- The following upcoming concerts have been cancelled: Danceworks DanceLAB Emerging Choreographer’s Concert, and DYPC STEAM Ahead. Rescheduled dates for these events are TBD.
Please reach out with questions to our Education Director, Amy Brinkman or our Artistic Director, Dani Kuepper.
- Black Husky Hosting Vaccine Clinic - Graham Kilmer - May 10th, 2021
- WI Daily: 205 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 10th, 2021
- It’s time to re-open City Hall - Ald. Michael Murphy - May 10th, 2021
- Officials Push To Vaccinate Kids 12 to 15 - Shamane Mills - May 10th, 2021
- WI Daily: 308 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 9th, 2021
- WI Daily: 525 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 8th, 2021
- COVID-19 Testing Results Must Be Made Public - Erika Siemsen - May 7th, 2021
- WI Daily: 662 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 7th, 2021
- In New Interview, Ron Johnson Parrots Tucker Carlson’s Vaccine Lies - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - May 7th, 2021
- WI Daily: 667 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 6th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here