County Board 2013 Budget Blast: October 31, 2012
The Milwaukee County Board’s Finance, Personnel & Audit Committee is holding a series of budget hearings throughout October on the County Executive’s 2013 Recommended Budget.
The Milwaukee County Board’s Finance, Personnel & Audit Committee is holding a series of budget hearings throughout October on the County Executive’s 2013 Recommended Budget. On Wednesday, October 31, the Committee considered final budgets amendments resulting from the Annual Public Hearing, which was held Monday, October 29.
The County Board of Supervisors, under the leadership of Chairwoman Marina Dimitrijevic, is set to adopt the 2013 Budget on Monday, November 5 at 8:30 a.m. in Room 200 of the Milwaukee County Courthouse.
Today, the Committee approved the following:
· (1B009) Amendment approved 9-0 to commit $10 million, with $2 million allocated in 2013, to help fund the renovation of the War Memorial as part of a five-year plan.
· (1A058) Amendment approved 9-0 to direct the Milwaukee County Comptroller to review amortization of administrative expenses to determine if a different approach is more cost-effective.
· (1A050) Amendment approved 8-1 (No: Johnson) to create by January 2013 a Milwaukee County workgroup to evaluate the feasibility of recreating the position of Superintendent of the House of Correction.
· (1A060) Amendment approved 9-0 to direct Milwaukee County Transit System to conduct a feasibility study on how to increase non-captive ridership, lower fares while maintaining revenues and eliminate paper transfers.
· (1A059) Amendment approved 6-3 (No: Schmitt, Jursik, Alexander) to direct Milwaukee County Transit System to conduct a feasibility study on creating partnerships with businesses with the intent of creating a lower-cost, subsidized pass for low-income working people and to conduct a feasibility study on creating a summer long youth pass for teenagers who are employed and/or seeking employment.
· Approved tax levy increase of 1.4 percent, which is below the rate of inflation, on a vote of 7-2 (No: Schmitt, Alexander).
· Approved Milwaukee County 2013 Recommended Budget as amended on a vote of 7-2 (No: Schmitt, Alexander).
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors
"Hate has no place in America, and we condemn the individuals and groups that came to Charlottesville seeking violent confrontation as a platform to spread their racist ideology."
Members of the Committee released a joint statement regarding Clarke's absence.