Common Council unanimously approves MKE Cares mask ordinance
Statement of Alderwoman Marina Dimitrijevic July 13, 2020
I want to thank my colleagues for their support of the MKE Cares masking ordinance that was approved today by the full Common Council. Science has shown that masks are an effective way to slow the spread of COVID-19, and the unanimous decision to adopt MKE Cares demonstrates we as elected officials are unified in taking proper action to support the health and safety of our residents.
I also want to thank the countless businesses, citizens, and other stakeholders who took the time and effort during the last few weeks to make their voices heard on this proposal. The ordinance we adopted reflects your feedback.
Our work today will save lives and help reopen our economy safely as everyone wears a face covering. Milwaukee residents care about each other and we can turn this around together. Let’s make Milwaukee the healthiest city we can be.
- UW System Vaccination Rates Vary Widely - Rich Kremer - Sep 18th, 2021
- MKE County: COVID-19 Cases Still High in Milwaukee County - Graham Kilmer - Sep 17th, 2021
- Milwaukee Health Department excusing inaction with insufficient data, right-wing talking points - Milwaukee Teachers’ Education Association - Sep 16th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Delivers Radio Address on New Investments to Support Local COVID-19 Pandemic Response and Recovery - Gov. Tony Evers - Sep 16th, 2021
- UWM reaches 70% vaccination rate goal, pushes for more - University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee - Sep 16th, 2021
- Data Wonk: Biden Vaccine Plan Helps GOP Governors - Bruce Thompson - Sep 15th, 2021
- Gov. Evers, DHS Remind Wisconsinites to Get Vaccinated to Get $100 - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Sep 15th, 2021
- American Family Field COVID-19 Testing Site Closing - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 14th, 2021
- For Ron Johnson, Prolonging the Pandemic is Just Another Day at the Office - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Sep 14th, 2021
- Nursing Home Workers Resist Vaccines - Madeline Fuerstenberg - Sep 13th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here