City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works Schedules Over the New Year’s Holiday Weekend
Some Department of Public Works services will be available for limited hours of operation.
Most City of Milwaukee government offices will be closed Friday, December 29, 2017 and Monday, January 1, 2018 for the New Year’s holiday (the City Treasurer’s Office will be open on Friday, December 29 from 8:15 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.). Some Department of Public Works (DPW) services will be available for limited hours of operation, and certain parking restrictions will be lifted.
Garbage, Recycling, and Drop Off Centers:
- There will be no garbage or recycling pick-up on Monday, January 1. For information on your next scheduled collection days, go to the DPW website at milwaukee.gov/sanitation
- Drop Off Centers will be closed Sunday, December 31 and Monday, January 1
- No parking meter or hourly restriction enforcement on Monday, January 1
- No overnight parking permit enforcement on Sunday night into Monday morning (January 1 from 2:00-6:00 a.m.), and Monday night into Tuesday morning (January 2 from 2:00-6:00 a.m.) unless a DPW Operation is called
- Overnight parking permit enforcement resumes on Tuesday night into Wednesday morning (January 3 from 2:00-6:00 a.m.)
- Open – Friday, December 29 (7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.), Saturday, December 30 (7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.), and Sunday, December 31 (7:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon)
- Closed – Monday, January 1
- The Customer Service Center will be closed on Friday, December 29 and Monday, January 1
- 24-hour drinking water service and Emergency Control Center: (414) 286-3710
- Customers can pay their Municipal Services Bill online at milwaukee.gov/water. For automated account information, please call (414) 286-2830
In addition, residents should call 414.286-CITY (2489) for other requests. For more information on DPW services, go to milwaukee.gov/mpw.
Recent Press Releases by City of Milwaukee Dept. of Public Works
Each project will be completed within 1-2 days, weather permitting
Actual collection of leaves will begin on Monday, October 8.
Short portions of W. St. Paul Ave. will be closed for a few hours to accommodate delivery.