CelticMKE, Organizer of Milwaukee Irish Fest, Cancels 2020 Festival and Summer School Program
MILWAUKEE (April 21, 2020) – CelticMKE, the host and organizer of Milwaukee Irish Fest, has cancelled this year’s Irish Fest. This will be the first time in the event’s history that it has had to cancel. The decision was made now to help mitigate the growing challenges of the significant planning and upfront logistics required to successfully execute the festival. Milwaukee Irish Fest, which is the world’s largest Irish music festival, was scheduled for August 13-16 at the Henry Maier Festival Park on Milwaukee’s lakefront. The Milwaukee Irish Fest Summer School, which is held the week leading into the festival, is also cancelled.
“We don’t take this decision lightly, but our main priority is the safety and health of our community, patrons, and volunteers,” said Mike Mitchell, Executive Director of CelticMKE. “To be fair to all of those involved in the planning process, including our partners, vendors, and entertainers, we needed to make this decision sooner rather than later.”
Anyone who purchased their tickets in advance can either:
● Transfer their ticket to the 2021 festival
● Donate their ticket money back to Irish Fest to help the non-profit
● Receive a refund for the cost of their ticket
Ticket purchasers can expect an email from Irish Fest in the coming days, outlining the three options.
Milwaukee Irish Fest will miss seeing their patrons celebrating Irish culture, but will return to the lakefront at the Henry Maier Festival Park the third weekend in August (19-22), 2021.
- WI Daily: 539 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Mar 3rd, 2021
- City Aims To Vaccinate Every Educator In Two Weeks - Graham Kilmer - Mar 3rd, 2021
- NEW: Senator Johnson Plans to Delay COVID Relief Through Senate Stunt - Opportunity Wisconsin - Mar 3rd, 2021
- Evers Says Schools May Need Summer Classes - Shawn Johnson - Mar 3rd, 2021
- City Hires Private Firm To Track COVID-19 Violations - Graham Kilmer - Mar 3rd, 2021
- Racine Prison Quarantines Entire Housing Unit - Isiah Holmes - Mar 3rd, 2021
- WI Daily: 324 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Mar 2nd, 2021
- 34 Vaccine Doses Spoil at Wisconsin Center - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 2nd, 2021
- 8.7% of State Now Fully Vaccinated - Graham Kilmer - Mar 2nd, 2021
- Statement from the Milwaukee Health Department - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Mar 2nd, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by CelticMKE
January 16, 2021 on CelticMKE’s YouTube Channel
Celebrate Celtic Music & Culture Together At Home with Milwaukee Irish Fest, Aug. 13-16