Building Commission Approves Projects
Today, the State of Wisconsin Building Commission approved several key projects across the state.
- A new Health Services Unit at Columbia Correctional Institution;
- A new Public Entrance and Visitor Station at Lake Wissota State Park;
- Communications and electric upgrades to State Fair Park; and
- An entrance and expansion project at Reeve Union on the UW-Oshkosh campus.
“Today the Building Commission moved forward a number of important projects,” said Governor Scott Walker. “I would like to thank Building Commission members for taking action on these projects, which will improve facilities all across Wisconsin.”
The State of Wisconsin Building Commission is chaired by Governor Walker and made up of the following members:
- State Senator Terry Moulton;
- State Senator Jerry Petrowski;
- State Senator Janis Ringhand;
- State Representative Rob Swearingen;
- State Representative Mark Born;
- State Representative Robb Kahl; and
- Citizen member Bob Brandherm.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Scott Walker
Governor Walker Proposes Health Care Stability Plan to Stabilize Premiums for Wisconsinites on ObamacareJan 21st, 2018 by Gov. Scott Walker
"There are hardworking people across our state who are experiencing massive health care premium increases under Obamacare, and that’s unacceptable."
Governor Walker Highlights Historic K-12 Education Investments at Wisconsin Association of School Boards’ State Education ConventionJan 19th, 2018 by Gov. Scott Walker
"We increased funding by $200 per student for every school in the state this year, and we’re adding another $204 per student on top of that next year."
Wisconsin continues to lead the way forward