Building Commission Approves Projects
Today the State of Wisconsin Building Commission approved several key projects across the state
- Renovation of the Towers Residence Hall at UW-Eau Claire;
- Renovation of the Witte Residence Hall at UW-Madison;
- The final phase of the Falcon Center for Health Education and Wellness project; and
- Various maintenance and repair projects around the state, including three roofing projects at University of Wisconsin System buildings and one at Pattison State Park.
“The State Building Commission approved a number of important projects today, which will positively impact Wisconsin residents,” Governor Scott Walker said. “I would like to thank the members of the Building Commission for taking action on these projects to improve facilities throughout Wisconsin.”
The Building Commission is chaired by Governor Walker and made up of the following members:
- State Senator Terry Moulton;
- State Senator Jerry Petrowski;
- State Senator Janis Ringhand;
- State Representative Rob Swearingen;
- State Representative Mark Born;
- State Representative Robb Kahl; and
- Citizen member Bob Brandherm.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Scott Walker
Governor Walker Discusses “If You See Something, Say Something™” Initiative and Public Safety with Law Enforcement OfficialsDec 15th, 2017 by Gov. Scott Walker
The campaign encourages citizens to report suspicious behavior or activities to local law enforcement.
Governor also names business liaison to help Wisconsin businesses engage with Foxconn, Haribo, and other new businesses
No State Property Tax for First Time Since 1931: Governor Walker Highlights Property Tax Relief in Eau ClaireDec 13th, 2017 by Gov. Scott Walker
The 2017-19 state budget eliminates the state portion of the Wisconsin property tax bill.