Building Commission Approves Projects
Today the State of Wisconsin Building Commission approved several key projects across the state
- Renovation of the Towers Residence Hall at UW-Eau Claire;
- Renovation of the Witte Residence Hall at UW-Madison;
- The final phase of the Falcon Center for Health Education and Wellness project; and
- Various maintenance and repair projects around the state, including three roofing projects at University of Wisconsin System buildings and one at Pattison State Park.
“The State Building Commission approved a number of important projects today, which will positively impact Wisconsin residents,” Governor Scott Walker said. “I would like to thank the members of the Building Commission for taking action on these projects to improve facilities throughout Wisconsin.”
The Building Commission is chaired by Governor Walker and made up of the following members:
- State Senator Terry Moulton;
- State Senator Jerry Petrowski;
- State Senator Janis Ringhand;
- State Representative Rob Swearingen;
- State Representative Mark Born;
- State Representative Robb Kahl; and
- Citizen member Bob Brandherm.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Scott Walker
Governor Walker Proposes 58 Percent State Funding Level for Wisconsin Town Roads Proposal would surpass the previous state record set by Governor Walker for General Transportation Aid funding allocated to towns in 2018
Growing Our Workforce: Governor Walker Announces Plan to Expand Worker Training within Wisconsin’s Correctional InstitutionsOct 11th, 2018 by Gov. Scott Walker
"Our plan will give inmates concrete skills they can use to become productive members of society once they are released."
Lowering the Cost of Health Care: 2019 Individual Health Insurance Rates to Drop by an Average 4.2 Percent Thanks to Governor Walker’s Health Care Stability PlanOct 11th, 2018 by Gov. Scott Walker
Individual premiums expected to drop $992.28 on average compared to without Gov. Walker’s actions