Bridge maintenance continues along I-43 in the city of Glendale
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) continues preventative maintenance on nine bridges along I-43, between Hampton Avenue and Bender Road, in the city of Glendale.
Update on What to Expect
- On Wednesday morning, July 8, northbound I-43 traffic will see a lane reduction beginning at Hampton Avenue.
- This right lane reduction will help facilitate bridge work over Lexington Avenue and Silver Spring Drive, and ties into the existing two-lane configuration at Bender Road.
- It is anticipated that this lane reduction will be in place until late August.
- All Silver Spring Drive interchange ramps will remain open.
- In late July, southbound I-43 traffic is scheduled to reopen to three lanes at Bender Road.
This project is currently providing bridge deck repairs and bridge deck overlays to help preserve the life of the structures. Work also includes reconstructing traffic signals, installing new signals, and minor geometric modifications along Port Washington Road and Silver Spring Drive.
More information about the project can be found at: https://projects.511wi.gov/43milw/