Boerner Botanical Gardens Opens for the Season Today
Milwaukee – Boerner Botanical Gardens in Whitnall Park will reopen today, Friday July 10, with a new reservation system and changes to allow for physical distancing. The gardens, which typically open in April, are now in full bloom, and will offer another safe, outdoor activity for families through the summer.
Visitors must now reserve a time to visit the gardens using an online ticketing system. Admission fees will be taken at an outdoor payment booth at the entrance to the gardens. Signs will direct visitors around a one-way route through the formal gardens.
As well as exploring the 12 formal gardens, including the rose garden and fragrance garden, visitors will also spot some new details. Tiny fairy gardens have been scattered through the gardens for visitors to seek out and a new floral artwork of ‘Evelyn, Queen of the fairy gardens’ will greet visitors to the gardens.
Earlier in the year additional updgrades to the garden, funded by ticket sales from China Lights, included the installation of permeable pavers in the Annual, Perennial and Shrub malls to provide better accessibility and drainage throughout the area.
The visitor center and gift shop will remain closed, but a comfort station and bathroom within the gardens will be open for visitors between 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
Boerner Botanical Gardens will open from 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. daily through the summer months. Admission fees are $8 for adults, $6 for children. Milwaukee County residents receive discounted admission.
Visit www.boernerbotanicalgardens.com to reserve a time slot or call the visitor center at 414-525-5601 for information.
How to reserve a visit timeslot online.
- Go to www.boernerbotanicalgardens.com and click the ‘select a timeslot’ button
- Select an available day/time that you’d like to arrive. Let us know how many people will be in your group and follow the steps to add to cart and check out. No payments are taken at this stage.
- You’ll receive a confirmation email that shows your visit date and ‘departure time’ – please arrive at Boerner Botanical at the departure time listed.
- When you arrive follow the signage to the outdoor ticket booth to purchase your admission to the gardens, using credit card or cash.
- Follow the one-way route around the gardens. Masks are recommended and maintain physical distancing of at least 6ft from anyone not in your group. A maximum of ten people per group will be allowed.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee County Parks
Milwaukee County Executive David Crowley Announces ‘Love Your Parks’ Collaboration with Purple Door Ice CreamOct 9th, 2020 by Milwaukee County Parks
Limited edition 'Trail Mix' ice cream flavor now available at Purple Door Ice Cream Locations