Biden Administration Selects Milwaukee Region for Pilot Community Vaccination Clinic
Wisconsin Center in downtown Milwaukee will transition on April 6
MILWAUKEE, WI – Today, Gov. Tony Evers and the Biden Administration announced the selection of the Wisconsin Center in Milwaukee to serve as a federal pilot community vaccination clinic. The announcement comes just weeks after Milwaukee County announced residents in ten priority zip codes would become eligible to receive the vaccine in an effort to improve equity in vaccine distribution.
The Wisconsin Center is currently federally supported by FEMA and will transition to a type 2 federal pilot community vaccination clinic operating seven days a week for eight weeks starting on April 6. The site will receive more direct vaccines from the federal government and more federal staff to support the site’s vaccination efforts.
Vaccinations will be by appointment only and will use the same registration process that has been in place until it transitions over to the Wisconsin COVID-19 Vaccine Registry. Currently, individuals eligible for the vaccine can register for a vaccination appointment by visiting is http://Milwaukee.gov/covidvax or calling (414) 286-6800.
- WI Daily: 804 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 10th, 2021
- WI Daily: 1,092 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 9th, 2021
- Ad Campaign Launched to Boost Vaccine Confidence - Shamane Mills - Apr 9th, 2021
- Milwaukee Anticipates New COVID-19 Restrictions Next Week - Jeramey Jannene - Apr 9th, 2021
- The City of Milwaukee Order Phase 6 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Apr 9th, 2021
- MTEA calls on MPS School Board to hold Special Meeting to discuss reopening preparations - Milwaukee Teachers’ Education Association - Apr 9th, 2021
- Community Organizations Tackle Vaccine Hesitancy - Ana Martinez-Ortiz - Apr 9th, 2021
- New COVID-19 Variants Behind Spiking Cases - Erik Gunn - Apr 9th, 2021
- Regulators OK Utilities’ Plan For Past Due Bills - Danielle Kaeding - Apr 9th, 2021
- Coalition of Leaders Launching Multi-Media and Grassroots Campaign to Build COVID Vaccine Confidence Throughout Milwaukee Area - Healthy MKE - Apr 9th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here