BBB Serving Wisconsin: We are Open for Business during COVID-19 Pandemic
Milwaukee, Wis. – Better Business Bureau Serving Wisconsin wants you to know that our staff is working and here to help in any way we can during these difficult times. While the majority of our BBB team is working remotely now, there is still fast access to all our services through our website, through email, live chat, and by phone (414-847-6000 or toll-free throughout the state 800-273-1002).
The BBB is continuing to accept, process and mediate complaints, answer inquiries, send out press releases, investigate companies, and issue business and charity reports, just as we always have.
We are extending the complaint response times for all businesses, and we are working with each individual Accredited Business to evaluate its needs and how we can help during this time.
In addition, though we may have slower response and call times, not much has changed in the way we help consumers and businesses on a day-to-day basis.
Because the world is dealing with this pandemic right now, we do want to warn people that fraudsters are finding ways to scam you and profit financially from this.
Beware of scams using the coronavirus name in regard to fake cures, product offers such as testing kits and face masks, telemarketing calls including robocalls, fake online websites fake stimulus check fraud, fake charity and phony Go Fund Me donation requests, and price gouging.
BBB encourages people to report all scams and fraud to BBB Scam Tracker at BBB.org/scamtracker. BBB staff can also help submit information to our Scam Tracker tool by calling our public line.
BBB remains committed to assisting consumers in finding business, brands, and charities they can trust; helping customers resolve disputes with businesses; helping businesses in any way we can; and educating the public about scams, fraud, and other marketplace issues. Throughout the pandemic, BBB is “Open for Business”! We look forward to serving you.
Find a business: BBB.org
Look up a charity: Give.org
For media: https://www.bbb.org/wisconsin/get-to-know-us/about-us/media-contact-information/
File a complaint: https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started
Submit a customer review: BBB.org/ask/submit-a-review
Learn about scams: BBB.org/ScamTips
Report a scam: BBB.org/ScamTracker
Tell us about a bad ad or price gouging: BBB.org/AdTruth
Information about Coronavirus https://www.bbb.org/council/coronavirus/
For an online version click here
For more information or further inquiries, contact the Wisconsin BBB at www.bbb.org/wisconsin, 414-847-6000 or 1-800-273-1002. Consumers also can find more information about how to protect themselves from scams by following the Wisconsin BBB on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
ABOUT BBB: For more than 100 years, the Better Business Bureau has been helping people find businesses, brands and charities they can trust. In 2018, people turned to BBB more than 173 million times for BBB Business Profiles on more than 5.4 million businesses and Charity Reports on 11,000 charities, all available for free at bbb.org. There are local, independent BBBs across the United States, Canada and Mexico, including BBB Serving Wisconsin which was founded in 1939 and serves the state of Wisconsin.
- Why Are Bars Still Open? - Graham Kilmer - Jul 14th, 2020
- City Hall: Don’t Call 911 On City Mask Mandate - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 14th, 2020
- Johnson Opposes More Economic Stimulus Funding - Rob Mentzer - Jul 14th, 2020
- MATC to Stream Virtual Commencement Beginning July 24; Ceremony to Air on Milwaukee PBS Aug. 1-2 - Milwaukee Area Technical College - Jul 14th, 2020
- WI Daily: New High, 964 New COVID-19 Cases - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 14th, 2020
- AG Kaul & Multistate Coalition Urging the U.S. Senate to Increase Childcare Funding in Next Federal Stimulus Package - Josh Kaul - Jul 14th, 2020
- Back in the News: Wisconsin Behind on COVID-19 Testing - Bruce Murphy - Jul 14th, 2020
- Milwaukee Public Schools Releases School Reopening Recommendation - Milwaukee Public Schools - Jul 13th, 2020
- WI Daily: COVID-19 Early Indicators Are “Very Troubling” - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 13th, 2020
- Common Council unanimous in approving citywide masking policy - Ald. JoCasta Zamarripa - Jul 13th, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here