Annual unconference is back for another year.
Date & Time: October 4, 2014, 9a – 6p with bites and beverage following the event
Location: Bucketworks, 161 West Wisconsin Ave; Grand Ave Mall, 2nd floor above TJ Maxx
Incentives: First 100 attendees get free parking + post-event food & beverage + awesomeness!
BarCamp Milwaukee is the premier event for Milwaukeeans to learn, teach and imagine anything! Unlike a typical “conference” where the content is pre-determined, this revolutionary “unconference” allows participants to float from one session to another, and encourages the development of innovative ideas and spontaneous discussion. This event is open to anyone with an interest, an idea or a desire to learn and connect with other people. Since the first BarCamp in the US nine years ago, hundreds of BarCamps have been organized throughout the world. Participation is free. Please visit BarCampMilwaukee.org or call 414-301-1414 to register and for more information.
What do people teach and learn about at BarCamp MKE?
- Civic Life Improving infrastructure, how to make our city smarter
- Business Solutions for businesses, solutions for nonprofits, large and small
- Education Programming, learning activities, student project opportunities
- The Random Video gaming, Zombie Defense Preparation, lockpicking, sushi-making
Could I present something?
Yes! Presenting at Barcamp is a great way to get practice sharing your ideas in a collegial and friendly environment. Virtually any topic is welcome and we encourage you to share what you think is interesting.
Who are the people of and behind BarCamp MKE?
- Attendees Creatives, technophiles, educators, activists, makers, DIYers, artists, musicians, foodies, geeks, nerds—anyone!
- Produced by Bucketworks / bucketworks.org
- Organizational partner Milwaukee Teacher SPAce / www.milwaukeeteacherspace.org
- Sponsors Global Power Components, Milwaukee Public Theater, Report Exec, DK Systems
The Milwaukee Teacher SPAce will be hosting their very own track for Barcamp that focuses on the world of education, so please invite educators of all stripes.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Press Release
At the October 10 Opening Reception, the artists will speak briefly at 6 pm, and light refreshments will be provided.
Milwaukee Area Elected Officials and Community Leaders Propose a New Revenue Solution to Invest in our CommunitiesSep 9th, 2019 by Press Release
An unprecedented partnership will move forward to pursue new revenue solutions that provide property tax relief to residents through a local option sales tax
Adams Garden Park is the latest endeavor for Larry and Sharon Adams, the retired Co-Founders of Walnut Way Conservation Corp., whose work was highlighted recently on the CBS Morning Show.