Attorney General Kaul Statement on Election “Investigation” by Former Supreme Court Justice Gableman
October 11, 2021
MADISON, Wis. – Wisconsin Attorney General Josh Kaul released a letter from Wisconsin Department of Justice (DOJ) in response to former Supreme Court Justice Michael Gableman regarding the Wisconsin Elections Commission subpoenas. AG Kaul also issued the following statement regarding the election “investigation.”
“This is not a serious investigation. Even if an investigation like this were justified—and it’s clearly not—this one suffers from glaring flaws that destroy any credibility that its results could have.
“Justice Gableman has also made statements indicating that he had pre-judged the outcome. His false claim shortly after the 2020 election alone—that the election was stolen—should have led him to decline to participate in this investigation.
“In addition, this investigation isn’t being professionally or competently conducted. It’s clear that the investigators here are learning basics of election administration as they go.
“No serious investigator would conduct an investigation under these circumstances. And no one should treat the results of this investigation as credible.
“Here’s the bottom line: This fake investigation is an abuse of the legislature’s authority. And Wisconsin taxpayers shouldn’t be on the hook for this beginner’s guide to election administration and investigations. This is corrosive to our democracy.
“My request to Speaker Vos is simple: shut this fake investigation down.”
- Republicans Want Yet Another Election Probe - Henry Redman - Oct 26th, 2021
- Senator Agard Slams GOP Leaders for Continued Investigation of 2020 Election - State Sen. Melissa Agard - Oct 25th, 2021
- Nonpartisan State Election Review Finds No Widespread Fraud - Laurel White - Oct 22nd, 2021
- WEC press release on LAB report - Wisconsin Elections Commission - Oct 22nd, 2021
- Wisconsin Elections Commission Sues To Stop Gableman’s Subpoenas - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 21st, 2021
- Vos Says 2020 Election Was ‘Tainted’ - Laurel White - Oct 19th, 2021
- Election Probe Testimony Postponed - Laurel White - Oct 14th, 2021
- Attorney General Kaul Statement on Election “Investigation” by Former Supreme Court Justice Gableman - Wisconsin Department of Justice - Oct 11th, 2021
- Judge Orders Election Probe Records Released - Laurel White - Oct 9th, 2021
- City Hall: Milwaukee Will Comply With Subpoenas, But City Attorney Won’t Say How - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 7th, 2021
Read more about 2020 General Election here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Wisconsin Department of Justice
AG Kaul Joins Coalition Urging FDA to Accelerate Actions to Protect Children From Toxic Metals in Baby FoodOct 22nd, 2021 by Wisconsin Department of Justice
October 22, 2021
October 21, 2021
October 20, 2021