Alderman Pérez invites public to the Eighth Annual Doors Open Milwaukee Event
News release from Alderman Jose G. Perez
Alderman José G. Pérez is excited to announce that this year’s Doors Open Milwaukee, a weekend celebration of Milwaukee’s art, architecture, culture and history set to take place on Saturday, September 22 and Sunday, September 23 will feature 22 locations in the 12th Aldermanic District.
The event is family friendly and offers special tours of more than 170 buildings throughout Milwaukee’s historic downtown and neighborhoods including more than 30 unique ticketed tours led by leaders of the community.
The Doors Open sites in the 12th Aldermanic District this year include:
1. 88Nine Radio Milwaukee, 220 E. Pittsburgh St.
2. Alexander Lofts, 1673 S. 9th St.
3. Basilica of St. Josaphat, 2333 S. 6 St.
4. Casa Romero Renewal Center, 423 W. Bruce St.
5. Coakley Brothers Water Tower Building, 400 S. 5th St.
6. Design Fugitives, 160 S. 2nd St.
7. Gerald L. Ignace Indian Health Center, 930 W. Historic Mitchell St
8. Global Water Center, 247 Freshwater Way
9. Great Lakes Distillery LLC, 616 W. Virginia St.
10. Grove Gallery / Lamers Building, 832 S. 5th St.
11. Iron Horse Hotel, 500 W. Florida St.
12. Lopez Bakery and Restaurant, 1100 W. Historic Mitchell St.
13. Milwaukee Brewing Company 2nd St. Brewery, 613 S. 2nd St.
14. Milwaukee Public Library – Mitchell Street Branch, 906 W. Historic Mitchell St.
15. Model Railroad Club of Milwaukee, Inc., 215 E. National Ave.
16. Orlandini Studios LTD, 633 W. Virginia St.
17. REAL TINSEL, 1013 W. Historic Mitchell St.
18. Relics Vintage Rentals, 118 S. 2nd St.
19. St Stanislaus Roman Catholic Church, 524 W. Historic Mitchell St.
20. Urban Harvest Brewing Co.pany, 1024 S. 5th St.
21. UWM School of Freshwater Sciences, 600 E. Greenfield Ave.
22. Bryant’s Cocktail Lounge, 1579 S. 9th St.
The event also features Family Passport and Water Passport options. With the Family Passport, children can do interactive activities at 20 select Doors Open sites getting their passports stamped along the way. The Water Passport is available to kids and adults of all ages and features a water focused tour route including bridge houses, the Global Water Institute and Jones Island.
“I encourage all residents to take part in Doors Open Milwaukee and to check out all or some of the featured locations in the 12th District. It’s a great opportunity to learn even more about this historic city and how it came to be” said Alderman Pérez.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Ald. Jose Perez
Statement from Alderman José G. Pérez May 3, 2019
Statement of Alderman José G. Pérez April 24, 2019