A Better Wisconsin Together Applauds Gov. Tony Evers’ New Effort to Take on COVID
MADISON, Wis. — The following are the statements of A Better Wisconsin Together Executive Director Nicole Safar supporting Gov. Tony Evers’ proposals providing COVID-19 relief and helping restore economic well being in Wisconsin:
“Wherever you live, whatever your political beliefs, your income, your age or your race, we all want to be safe and healthy.
“In our recent election people from every corner of the state came together in record numbers to vote and send a message to their leaders: their government needs to take action to provide relief from the COVID pandemic and restore our economic well being.
“We know how to tackle this virus: wear a mask, wash your hands, maintain physical distance and stay home if you can. To do this, we need investment in our public health infrastructure, our small businesses and our communities.
“It’s time for our government to put aside partisan differences and work together like Wisconsinites are demanding.
“After hundreds of days of inaction, Assembly Republican leader Robin Vos is feeling the pressure, acknowledging the Wisconsin state legislature has a role to play. But the people of Wisconsin are demanding more than a press conference, they want solutions.”
- MKE County: Report Shows How Social Factors Affect COVID-19 - Graham Kilmer - Nov 23rd, 2020
- WI Daily: 3,095 New COVID-19 Cases Reported Monday - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 23rd, 2020
- Wisconsin National Guard tops 900,000 COVID-19 tests collected; testing week shortened over Thanksgiving holiday - Wisconsin National Guard Public Affairs - Nov 23rd, 2020
- Mayo Clinic Puts Hospital Beds in Garage, Lobbies as COVID-19 Surges - Rich Kremer - Nov 23rd, 2020
- The State of Politics: State Officials Can’t Agree on Pandemic - Steven Walters - Nov 23rd, 2020
- WILL Files Original Action in WI Supreme Court to Halt Latest Dane County Gathering Ban, Restrictions on Businesses - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Nov 23rd, 2020
- Gov. Evers Announces Wisconsin has Shipped One Millionth N95 Mask through State Distribution System - Gov. Tony Evers - Nov 23rd, 2020
- WI Daily: 3,507 New Cases, 0 Deaths Reported Sunday - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 22nd, 2020
- Rising Cases, Stress at One Hospital - Bram Sable-Smith - Nov 22nd, 2020
- State High Court to Review School Shutdown - Ruth Conniff - Nov 22nd, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here