7th Annual MKE Business Now Summit Set for Saturday
Abundant resources will be available to inspire and propel Milwaukee’s entrepreneurs forward
Alderwoman Milele A. Coggs invites the public to the 7th annual MKE Business Now Entrepreneurship Summit which will take place TOMORROW – Saturday, January 27 – from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., at the Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary School, 3275 N. 3rd St. The event is sponsored by Alderwoman Coggs, the City of Milwaukee, Historic King Drive BID, WestCare Wisconsin, and US Bank.
Abundant resources will be available to inspire and propel Milwaukee’s entrepreneurs forward, and give them an opportunity to connect with established local professionals. Vendors and organizations will also be sharing resources they provide to local entrepreneurs. The event will also include multiple workshops throughout the day:
- A Seat at the Table: How to Contract with the City of Milwaukee begins at 10:30 a.m.
- Business Basics: From Idea to Reality at 11:15 a.m.
- How to Secure the Bag: Options for Business Financing at 11:15 a.m.
- Power to the People: Using Social Media to Build Your Brand at noon
- A panel discussion with Historic MLK Drive BID at 1 p.m. featuring Moderator Amanda Porterfield from CBS 58 and panelist Que El-Amin, Principal at Scott Crawford, Inc. and Co-Founder of Young Enterprise Society (YES), Dr. Robert (Biko) Baker, Owner, Render Tech, Teddy Tsitiridis and Anne Marie Tsitiridis, Co-owners of Pete’s Fruit Market, and Baboonie Tatum and Larina Hightower, Co-owners of Rise & Grind Cafe.
The following organizations will be present to answer questions and share
resources throughout the event:
- US Bank
- Prism Technical Management & Marketing Services, LLC.
- RiverWorks BID
- African American Chambers of Commerce
- Board of Zoning Appeals
- C. Renee Consulting and Management Group
- Center Street Bid 39
- Historic King Drive Bid
- Wisconsin Black Chambers of Commerce
- Scale Up
- Hudson Business Lounge + Café
- Law & Entrepreneurship Clinic
- License Department
- Me 2
- Office of Small Business Development
- City of Milwaukee Permits
- Dept. of City Development-Commercial Corridor
- Dept. of Neighborhood Services
- Health Department
Attendees can register through Eventbrite at https://mkebusinessnowsummit.eventbrite.com.
Reasonable accommodations can be made with at least 72-hour notice before the event by calling (414) 286-2233. The entire event is free and open to the public.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Ald. Milele Coggs
Event will feature workshops, live Q&A sessions, drive-up resource packet pickup and more