54th Annual Shamrock Club of Wisconsin St. Patrick’s Day Parade has been Canceled
MILWAUKEE – The City of Milwaukee, Westown Association and the Shamrock Club of Wisconsin have made the unified decision to cancel the 54th Annual Shamrock Club of Wisconsin St. Patrick’s Day Parade scheduled for Saturday, March 14 due to the growing concerns of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
“The safety and health of our patrons and participants is always our priority,” said Stacie Callies, Executive Director of Westown Association. “This was a difficult decision, but all parties want to ensure we are doing our part to help prevent the spread of the disease. This decision was made out of abundant concern for the 30,000 people that come to downtown Milwaukee each year to celebrate with us.”
Westown Association and the Shamrock Club of Wisconsin are looking at the possibility of hosting the parade at a later date. At this time, there is not another date confirmed.
This year’s parade, presented by Miller Lite, would have featured over 120 units including Irish dance groups, pipe and drum corps, local celebrities and dignitaries and more. Milwaukee hosted one of the oldest St. Patrick’s Day celebrations in the nation, dating back to 1843. The Shamrock Club of Wisconsin has produced the parade since 1967 and has been in partnership with Westown Association since 2002.
You can find additional information and updates on the parade activities at saintpatricksparade.org under the Media section.
- WI Daily: Wisconsin Reports Biggest One-Day COVID-19 Case Increase - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 4th, 2020
- Beware of Contact Tracing Scams - Bridgit Bowden - Jul 4th, 2020
- WI Daily: COVID-19 Spread Keeps Accelerating in Wisconsin - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 3rd, 2020
- Milwaukee Moves Backward In Fight Against COVID-19 - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 3rd, 2020
- State Unemployment Insurance System Failing Many - Bram Sable-Smith - Jul 3rd, 2020
- Racial Disparities Found in Safer-At-Home Arrests - Edgar Mendez - Jul 3rd, 2020
- Johnson Discusses Small Business Recovery at Axios Virtual Event - U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson - Jul 3rd, 2020
- The City of Milwaukee Phase 4 Assessment Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jul 3rd, 2020
- WI Daily: 14-Day Positive Case Rate Continues Upward Climb - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 2nd, 2020
- City Hall: What Should Or Shouldn’t Be in Milwaukee Mask Mandate? - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 2nd, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Recent Press Releases by Westown Association
Westown Association and the Shamrock Club of Wisconsin are closely monitoring the situation