24th season of River Rhythms has been canceled
MILWAUKEE – Westown Association has made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 season of the River Rhythms concert series based on the guidance of the Center for Disease Control, Milwaukee Health Department and Milwaukee County Parks.
“The safety and health of our staff, volunteers, bands and patrons is always our priority,” said Stacie Callies, Executive Director of Westown Association. “This was a challenging decision; however, we want to ensure we do our part to keep the community safe. We would like to thank our sponsors, bands and the hundreds of loyal fans for their support of the event and this decision. We will miss you this summer but look forward to seeing you again in 2021.”
Under the City of Milwaukee’s current Stay-At-Home order, large public gatherings are not permitted. After the Stay-At-Home order is rescinded, federal, state and local agencies recommend that social distancing and other safety precautions remain in effect well into summer 2020 to continue slowing the spread of COVID-19.
River Rhythms, presented by Miller Lite, is Milwaukee’s most diverse, outdoor concert series held every summer at Pere Marquette Park in Downtown Milwaukee. Each week June through August, hundreds of loyal fans come out to support local, regional and national acts of all genres including Latin, Reggae, Polka and more.
- WEDC, Milwaukee Downtown Tout “We’re All In” Safety Campaign - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 7th, 2020
- WI Daily: One in 100 Wisconsin Residents Have Tested Positive For COVID-19 - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 7th, 2020
- Healthcare Workers Support Mask Mandate - Erik Gunn - Aug 7th, 2020
- The City of Milwaukee Phase 4.1 Order Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Aug 7th, 2020
- Pandemic Imperils Arts and Culture Industry - Bridgit Bowden - Aug 7th, 2020
- UW System Orders 350,000 COVID-19 Tests - Rich Kremer - Aug 7th, 2020
- Baldwin, Colleagues Continue Push for Expanded Work Share Provisions in Next Relief Package - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Aug 7th, 2020
- WI Daily: Wisconsin On COVID-19 Testing Surge - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 6th, 2020
- Baldwin Joins Effort to Prevent Pharmaceutical Companies from Price Gouging COVID-19 Vaccines, Treatments - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Aug 6th, 2020
- Concert Venues Seeking COVID-19 Relief - Erik Gunn - Aug 6th, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Westown Association
Westown Association and the Shamrock Club of Wisconsin are closely monitoring the situation