24th season of River Rhythms has been canceled
MILWAUKEE – Westown Association has made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 season of the River Rhythms concert series based on the guidance of the Center for Disease Control, Milwaukee Health Department and Milwaukee County Parks.
“The safety and health of our staff, volunteers, bands and patrons is always our priority,” said Stacie Callies, Executive Director of Westown Association. “This was a challenging decision; however, we want to ensure we do our part to keep the community safe. We would like to thank our sponsors, bands and the hundreds of loyal fans for their support of the event and this decision. We will miss you this summer but look forward to seeing you again in 2021.”
Under the City of Milwaukee’s current Stay-At-Home order, large public gatherings are not permitted. After the Stay-At-Home order is rescinded, federal, state and local agencies recommend that social distancing and other safety precautions remain in effect well into summer 2020 to continue slowing the spread of COVID-19.
River Rhythms, presented by Miller Lite, is Milwaukee’s most diverse, outdoor concert series held every summer at Pere Marquette Park in Downtown Milwaukee. Each week June through August, hundreds of loyal fans come out to support local, regional and national acts of all genres including Latin, Reggae, Polka and more.
- WI Daily: 513 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 14th, 2021
- Fully Vaccinated People Can Resume Activities Without Masks - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - May 14th, 2021
- Bill Would Ban UW-System Vaccine Requirements - Henry Redman - May 14th, 2021
- WI Daily: 485 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 13th, 2021
- State Approves COVID-19 Vaccine for Kids 12 and Older - Erik Gunn - May 13th, 2021
- Brewers Home Games to be at Full Capacity Beginning June 25 - Milwaukee Brewers - May 13th, 2021
- Milwaukee Removing Most COVID-19 Restrictions on June 15th - Jeramey Jannene - May 13th, 2021
- Wisconsin Now Offering COVID-19 Vaccinations to Children Ages 12-15 - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - May 12th, 2021
- WI Daily: 558 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 12th, 2021
- WILL Sues Biden Administration for Race, Sex Discrimination in Allocation of COVID Relief Funds for Restaurants - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - May 12th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Westown Association
“Halfway to St. Patrick’s Day” celebration scheduled for September 2021