Gableman Rallies With Extremists, Including Vos’s Primary Opponent
Wall Street Journal warns Gableman could help Republicans lose state in 2022.
At a rally outside the Wisconsin State Capitol in Madison on Saturday, Michael Gableman accused election officials and the Democratic leaders of the state’s largest cities of fraud and urged attendees to fight for action from Republican legislators.
Gableman has been conducting a partisan review of the 2020 presidential election since last summer. His work has been widely derided as unprofessional and harmful from across the state’s political landscape. Recounts, lawsuits, audits and reviews have confirmed Joe Biden won Wisconsin’s election in 2020.
In his speech, Gableman said his review is targeted at people who see the 2020 election results his way. “They threw the rules away in an effort to defeat Donald Trump and elect Joe Biden,” he told the crowd. Gableman has joined a fringe group of Republicans in calling for the decertification of Wisconsin’s 2020 election and the recall of the state’s 10 Electoral College votes.
“And really, the change and what we want to see is very, very simple and direct and common sense,” Gableman said. “And that’s why it’s going to take positive, persistent, passion each day, each day for all of us to show up and do what’s necessary to support the people who see it our way.”
Gableman followed Steen, Vos’ primary challenger, on the rally stage. Last week the speaker extended the former Supreme Court justice’s contract again, allowing Gableman to continue his work as he fights lawsuits from a number of officials he’s seeking to interview.
On Sunday, Gableman’s conservative critics were joined by the editorial board of the Wall Street Journal, which accused Gableman of a “plot to lose Wisconsin in 2022.”
“Michael Gableman isn’t a secret Democratic double agent, but he’s sure acting like one,” the editorial stated.
The article included the numerous fact checks and debunkings of Gableman’s fantastical claims of election fraud that have been repeatedly made by election officials and news outlets, before stating that state Republicans’ continued focus on the 2020 election could have harmful consequences for the party in elections moving forward.
“Mr. Trump lost Wisconsin in 2020 on his own, and if Republicans keep chasing ghosts, he will also help them lose in 2022,” the board wrote.
Gableman, addressing rally of election deniers, says it’s time to ‘support the people who see it our way’ was originally published by the Wisconsin Examiner.
More about the 2020 General Election
- Report Calls For Criminally Charging State’s Fake Electors - Henry Redman - Dec 19th, 2022
- Vos Withdraws Subpoenas, Ends Gableman Probe - Henry Redman - Aug 30th, 2022
- Judge Blasts Gableman Probe, Deleted Records - Henry Redman - Aug 17th, 2022
- Vos Fires Gableman, Ends Election Probe - Shawn Johnson - Aug 14th, 2022
- Judge Orders Gableman To Pay $163,000 In Legal Fees - Rich Kremer - Aug 2nd, 2022
- Prosecute 2020 Fake Electors, Advocates Demand - Erik Gunn - Aug 1st, 2022
- Trump Calls For Nullification of Wisconsin’s 2020 Election - Henry Redman - Jul 12th, 2022
- Legal Fight Over Gableman Probe Keeps Growing - Shawn Johnson - Jun 30th, 2022
- Back In the News: Fake Elector Scheme Dogs Ron Johnson - Bruce Murphy - Jun 28th, 2022
- Judge Lifts Contempt Order for Speaker Vos - Rich Kremer - Jun 24th, 2022
Read more about 2020 General Election here
3 thoughts on “Gableman Rallies With Extremists, Including Vos’s Primary Opponent”
He’s like a political cartoon of Republicans fat and corrupt. Fiscal conservatism at its best.
WSJ: “Gableman isn’t a secret Democratic double agent, but he’s sure acting like one” — if only the Dems were that devious. One truism that seem evident to me is that the only reason Repubs think any of their fraud accusations are true is because they can’t imagine anyone not doing what they do. And if Repubs would do it, then the other side must be guilty too.
Looks like Doc Vos Frankenstein cannot control his rotund lumbering monster.